You can type here any text you want

H&R rear bar install question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
Hopefully I will be getting my H&R rear bar installed next week but I have a simple question.

It says to have the car on a level surface and NO AIR in the air bags if you have them. Then set the car up level. OK, makes total sense, BUT most cars are pretty much weight equal on both rear sides. I have my battery mounted in the spare tire area and I have a little trouble with that tire contacting the (unrolled) fender lip if I hit a good sharp dip.

So - my question is - should I make any allowances for having the battery near the right rear tire or just pretend that extra weight isn't there? If I need to make some allowances, what is suggested?

Thanks

IMHO... start with 0 preload on the adjustable links on the HR bar..... might even put some weight equivalent to the drivers weight in the drivers seat before you adjust.....

Just follow the instructions that come with it. There is a statement about adding preload, and says that something like only a small percentage of the people actually do this, or something like that, and how much and why. And, it's only the fastest of the fast.
The instructions are GREAT. It even comes with the drill bit that you need, and even has a crayon to mark the spot to drill with.
I have to say though, I'm not happy with the bar at all.
My car used to take off like an animal. Now, it is boring to launch the car. It's just no fun anymore. I guess that is why I am now building a much stronger motor. (Oh, also because I grenaded the other one. :redface: )
Just kidding about wishing I hadn't done it. My car has always hooked good, but now I don't have to jerk the wheel, and let off of the pedal when I launch.

Wagon - know the feeling. I am so tired of letting off until the car gets straight while a slower car is hauling butt.
It DOES make an great impression to punch it and put the car sideways next to someone though.
I want to just punch it and go. I don't mind easing into it a bit but this is crazy.
Thanks

With the HR Bar, the only reason you'll have to let off of the gas, is if the bumper hits the ground, provided you have good tires on there.
The car goes as straight as you will ever want it to.
Good luck with the install, although you shouldn't need it. It is almost fool-proof.

Back