You can type here any text you want

Had fun at the 1/8!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CutterTurboT

BOOST
Our local 1/8 mile track opened back up sunday afternoon...so I decided to see what the o'l Buick would do with my new air bags and swaybar removed. I had Red's 108, 117 oct. and 18 1/2 psi on the first run and ran a 8.27@82.3 with a 1.88 60 ft. Next run I got lined up to an old Z28 that was major cammed out and thought I was going to get stomped...but I cranked the boost up to 19 psi and held on...He got me out of the hole but at the 60ft I pulled him in and beat him by about 2 cars! I was shocked! I ran a 8.15@84.1 with a 1.85 60ft to his 8.40!! Next I cranked the boost up to 19 1/2 psi and got lined up aginst a 96 LT1 Z28 with some bolt ons...I ran a 8.11@84.5 with a 1.82 60 ft. to his 9.30.....he was so many cars back it wasn't a race...but he was a nice guy. Next I turned it up to 20 psi and got next to a 99 lightning that had many bolt on's...this thing was bad! I loved the truck and the guy that drove it was a cool dude...so I lined up with him and this was my closest race...I ran a 7.96@85.4 with a 1.73 60ft to his 8.37@83.4! That thing was moving! I beat him by about a car and a half he got me out of the hole. Needles to say I had a great day in the Turbo! I was so happy to get in the 7's in the 1/8 and my 60ft's went from 1.95 to 1.73 just with air bags and the swaybar removed! I was only getting 1.5 degree of Knock on the scanmaster between shifts at 20 psi! I can't wait till my SMC alky comes in!

Sounds like fun, good times with your setup.

Just a warning regarding when you run 20+psig at 1/4 mile, watch your O2. In the 1/8 mile you were OK, but you will be pushing your injectors at higher rpm when you reach end of 1/4mile.

When I was running consistent 12.8's (1/4 mile) @105mph with the stock injectors I was pushing their limit. My 1/8 mile results on these runs were 8.1's @105 vary similar to your times.

I know there are individuals with a lot more experience than me that have pushed the stock injectors a lot more than I did, but I did not want to take a chance.

Keep having fun.

Donald McMullin

Sweet, those are some really decent times, and some nice kills! I remember my first "good" launch as well. I was going 2.2x at the 1/4 mile track (not knowing how much boost to launch with) and at the local 1/8th I got it down to 1.88s. HAVE FUN with the alky kit, but I would also suggest upgrading your injectors. I'm getting an alky kit in all likelihood, and will definitely up-gun the injectors to be safe. Let us know how you run with the alky!

Thanks guys....I had a real good time.....My SMC alky came in today! Can wait to see what it will do! Ya I was watching the Scanmaster very close....I was only getting 1.5 Knock between shifts at 20#... My 02's were in the 770-790 range...I have ran the 1/4 at 20# on my G-tech and the knock stayed the same...1.5... everything was doing fine. I'm trying to see just how fast I can get it on a basicly stock setup. Thanks for the tips though.

I had forgotten that you where getting an alky kit. The alky kit will supplement your injectors, so you can run higher times with stock injectors so long as you are careful.

From information I have read and my calculations, the alky spray can add about 4% to 6% total fuel capacity to the system. Some might be able to gain higher total fuel capacity increases.

I am going to push 24 psig boost with my stock turbo tomorrow night. I will let you know how it reacts.

I do have larger injectors and a V4. The V4 reduces the pressure drop across the intercooler so at the same TB pressure reading your setup would have a higher pressure at the compressor.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

Originally posted by Donald McMullin
Sounds like fun, good times with your setup.

Just a warning regarding when you run 20+psig at 1/4 mile, watch your O2. In the 1/8 mile you were OK, but you will be pushing your injectors at higher rpm when you reach end of 1/4mile.

When I was running consistent 12.8's (1/4 mile) @105mph with the stock injectors I was pushing their limit. My 1/8 mile results on these runs were 8.1's @105 vary similar to your times.

I know there are individuals with a lot more experience than me that have pushed the stock injectors a lot more than I did, but I did not want to take a chance.

Keep having fun.

Donald McMullin

I'm still pushin the Stock Injectors as well lookin to upgrade to 36lbers soon!

1/8 mile 7.69@ 90mph
1/4 mile 12.055@112mph

:D

Back