Hard luck for Caspers electronics....

BECAUSE THE PRODUCTS STATE FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY JUST LIKE THE O2 SIMS DID. GET IT?

Edelbrock also makes Emissions legal products as well as off road use products. What is so hard to understand about that?? The O2 sims were just a crutch for clueless car builders who can't color between the lines. They were a blatant violation of the clean air act & hopefully this was a wake up call for everyone.

They sell intakes that fit 1955 sbc's - 1995+ sbc's, should they all be the same??

Yes :cool:

Just look up a manifold for a chevy and you will usualy see 1955 - 1987 or 252 - 350 etc. That means the intake manifold or other parts will work in those years or on those motors. Now they started around the late 80's using a center bolt valve cover that used a slightly different bolt patteren on the intake manifold. You will see these up to around 1998~ So a manifold for a per-88 want dirrectly bolt up to a 1995 sbc...but a machine shop can fix that problem ;) This is one of the cool things about a SBC chevy. You will find that the small 267 sbc uses the same exact rods and crank as the SBC 350 chevy. That is were you come up with strokers...a sbc 400 crank installed into a 350 = a 383 stroker. The reverse is a sbc 350 crank installed into a 400 block = a 377 destroked. Now keep in mind the same things applies to their Big block motors. Since I'm a sbc chevy man I can't really give examples of BBC or other devisions of GM like Buick or Pontiac etc. Also, small block and big ford is the same in some ways.

All one has to do is oder a non EGR manifold for any sbc or SBF with a non EGR in oder to delete the EGR valve. You really don't have to do this...just simply make a delet plate. But why run a stock intake when you can run an Edelbrock? Anyhow, I hope this helps.

Edelbrock also makes Emissions legal products as well as off road use products. What is so hard to understand about that?? The O2 sims were just a crutch for clueless car builders who can't color between the lines. They were a blatant violation of the clean air act & hopefully this was a wake up call for everyone.

Question: Is the EGR an emessions device?

This is a Yes or no question PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means no comments or opinions etc. Please ignore this post if you're unable to respond with a simple yes or no!!! If you have any doughts about the device feel free to re-read my post earlier of do a search.

Not everything Caspers makes is illegal either. Deleting the egr is also a clear cut violation. I think the other guys point is why is it ok for Edelrock to make race or "off road" parts, and not Caspers.

This means no comments or opinions etc. Please ignore this post if you're unable to respond with a simple yes or no!!! If you have any doughts about the device feel free to re-read my post earlier of do a search.

My answer is NO, the EGR valve is not an "emessions" device. :biggrin:

Not everything Caspers makes is illegal either. Deleting the egr is also a clear cut violation. I think the other guys point is why is it ok for Edelrock to make race or "off road" parts, and not Caspers.

Edelbrock does not recommend removing the egr valve on there emissions legal parts. The non egr valve intakes are made for engines produced before egr equipped model years. Not to hard to figure out people. Pick the proper parts for your model year. The part casper's produced tricked the OBII computer into thinking everything was AOK when in fact it was not.

I talk to one of my old neighbors who is retired from the EPA. He doesn't have any information about this case, however he did speculate what happened and he thinks their is probably more to the story. He guesses the EPA may have set up a sting operation where they were able to get verbal or written confirmation from one or more Casper employees saying it was OK for on road use. They may have been cleverly baited, but he doesn't think the EPA has a leg to stand on otherwise for off road use parts.

FACT: The EGR is an emission device.... sorry, I mean "Yes"

FACT: The EGR is an emission device.... sorry, I mean "Yes"

YES... the EGR valve is an "emission" controls device. Correct answer. ;) It is NOT an "emession??" device. :confused:

There is a great product on the market that may help with future word games, reading & understanding the clean air act & certainly before butchering up the emission controls on an OBII car.

Home Page!

A good next step would be to do some reading & possibly join the SEMA action network. If you want to see what's happening to our rights, legislation that has been passed & what the future IS bringing, read up!!

SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

This whole topic has become an e-mess.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Jim

You have nothing to be sorry about John. This mess is partly my fault and I'm sorry for it. I'll try to keep a closer handle on my replys and opinions in the future.

Ray