hard plastic vacuum lines replacement question

FlyinGN

all show no go
I want to replace the black hard plastic vacuum lines that control the hvac distribution in the car that are under the hood. Mine are gettin old and brittle. The question is..
the ones that control the hvac in the car go under the heater box on the firewall and dissappear. Does anyone know where these go and connect and how to get to em??
Thanks!

While I have not replaced this line, It must eventually run inside the car to the vent controls. They are vacuum actuated. Maybe by tracing the line under the dash you can see where it goes?

On a related note, I found the vacuum check valves in the HELP! product section at Autozone (Both types, the "T" style 3-way, and the in-line one near the EGR).

At least on my 87, the stock ones were gray colored... The replacements are black.

I have a question... Where did you (or where are you planning on) get the vacuum tubing and the rubber ends?

The vacuum tubing and connectors are also available at Peps under the Help line.. Or NAPA..

You can get to the hvac vacumn lines by opening the glovebox then releasing the little hook thingy (tech. talk) on the left side that will allow the glovebox to open farther. You can see them there and they go tot he back of the AC/Heater control unit. Hope this helps

Sully

Frank and 6=8,

If you are talking about the stuff I think you are it's the hard plastic vacuum line about 3/16" OD and 1/8" ID, I have a bunch of it. I had trouble finding the stuff and eventually happened across a giant roll of it. If you need a few feet I'd be glad to whack off a few feet, stick in an envelope and send it out to ya. Let me know.

thanks Ben. Ill let you know if I can't find any at the local auto supply..

Frank, I'm almost ready to put the nose back on my car and can send you a picture of where those hoses entry the body if you like. Just drop me an email and i will take a picture of them for you. After they entry the firewall they go to a orange and gray rubber hose line. Frame off resto are so much fun:D :( :mad: :p :rolleyes: :)