You can type here any text you want

hardcore lighteneing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fatsix

i've done most of the basic stuff for lightening the car up. Anyone else got anything else that i could do? Everything is out of it, so it wont be a problem. Need to be as light as possible and add in the ballist.

What exactly have u done or removed to lighten the car?

removed every bit of undercoating
fibreglass bumpers w/no reinforements
fibreglass hood
door bars (possibly more weight to be takin out of there)
manual rack w/ lightweight box
racing seats
minimal interior trim
lightweight carpet
aluminum rad support
chromoly rear w/ chromoly control arms

cant think of anything else.

this car is a race only car.

Go on a diet like the Atkins or Slim Fast....

How much do you (the driver) weigh?? Lose some weight!!!:D J/K:cool: :)

Lexan windows/windshield? You'll need to fab wire reinforcements around the edges of the windows.

What about gutting the inside of the dash? Worth a few lbs.

Smaller plastic fuel cell 5 gal.

Manual brakes?

I still run a steel deck lid and my car weighs 3070 w/ me (190) and 4 gals of fuel. But, Glass deck lids are available.

windows have to go up and down. Manual brakes on are the list as well. dunno about a lexan windshield.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the windows. Even though my car is a race-only vehicle, I wish my windows went up and down. Does your class require it as well? Thinking about just finding two extra fully complete doors from a GN and switching them out every now and then because I am currently too light for the local true 10.5" class. What class will you be running in?

its not a buick, rather a 80 malibu. but i'm running in a stock appearing 10.5" tire class

Back