You can type here any text you want

Has Anyone broken a rocker arm?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Well after a a drive to Bloomington,IL and back on the interstate me and my girlfriend were getting ready to hop of the interstate so I decided to make a quick pull as I had been easy on the car all night. After the pull there was a very loud clatter underneath the passenger side valve cover I pulled off the off ramp and unplugged the #4 fuel injector and the poor running did not change so I left it unplugged being sure it was that cylinder. I limped the car home another 3 miles, and when I pulled the valve cover I had found the #4 rocker had broken the end of the rocker off where the push-rod seats.

Attachments

• Rocker1.jpg
    Rocker1.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Rocker2.jpg
    Rocker2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 135
Never broke one, but its not unheard of. Pushrods and rockers are under alot of stress on boosted engines, especially the exhaust side. It was probably metal fatigue that did it in. I'd replace all the rockers and the shafts, stock replacements are fine.

Wow!!! I have broken numerous rocker shafts, especially around #6. Make sure you get the metal shavings out!!

My friend is machining me some custom solid billet rocker shafts for cost of material, and I have the new rocker buttons coming to put the rockers on them. I have been thinking about taking some measurements on stock LS1 roller rockers to see if they have the same geometry. If they do I will have shafts machined to use stock LS1 rollers, I could see a huge interest in them, though they are most likely not the same ratio even..

,Dan

Daniel Jost said:
My friend is machining me some custom solid billet rocker shafts for cost of material, and I have the new rocker buttons coming to put the rockers on them. I have been thinking about taking some measurements on stock LS1 roller rockers to see if they have the same geometry. If they do I will have shafts machined to use stock LS1 rollers, I could see a huge interest in them, though they are most likely not the same ratio even..

,Dan

TA Performance sells billet shafts and rockers

I am aware of this, but after calling them and getting a price on the HD shafts at around $150 shipped I figured having solid billet ones right now for $20 sounded much better. :-)

,Dan

I agree with the price issue..... But theirs comes with rockers I believe... But If you can beat the price, I am all for it!

Back