You can type here any text you want

Has anyone on the board ever????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
Used rhoads lifter or vmax lifters for their turbo motor to increase vacum at idle and how did it work out.

I had a buddy use rhoads lifters on an SBC with a big cam. This was about 10 years ago so I don't remember all the details. What I do remember is that he ended up taking them out and tossing them in the trash. With standard lifters he had the same amount of vacuum as with the rhoads iirc. I wouldn't call this conclusive evidence of them being bad but just something to keep in mind.

My experiance with rhoads lifters is that they are noisy, our cars run a knock sensor, I would stray away from anything that can cause a false signal.

My experiance with rhoads lifters is that they are noisy, our cars run a knock sensor, I would stray away from anything that can cause a false signal.

+2 They are very noisey. They make it sound like your valve train is always out of adjustment. They will have a good chance of causing false knock. I have never used them on an engine with a knock sensor, but I would be hesitant to do so.

Back