You can type here any text you want

Hatch Struts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
I know this has been covered. A lot. I couldn't find it using the search...

I have replaced the struts last year. But they're NOT the good ones. These work. So long as I OPEN it. They merely hold it open.

I remember the days that, when you press the button, the hatch OPENED ITSELF . ;)

Anyone with a part # to the struts that are able to lift the hatch with that heavy a$$ spoiler too??

Would really like struts that work like the originals did for the first 29 hours of their life. :rolleyes:

M

Get the glas fiber spolier :-)

Remember there's probabrly 3 diffrent struts for the hatch ... 1 for ours with the heavy spoiler, 1 for the basic model (early years) with no spoiler at all, then one for the smaller spoiler and probabrly 1 for the ones with a rear wiper setup.

I still have the originals on my 102.000 mile TTA but I have the glas fiber spoiler so no issues so far. I heard that the Napa ones are really good and carry a life time warranty but make sure you get the really heavy duty ones as per above for our configuration.

I have 3 F-bodies(makes me a sado-maschist lol)

Anyway lol

I have had good luck with the Armstrong brand name from CarQuest stores.

Just make sure you get the heavy duty one, should be listed with spoiler/defogger.

Have to do my TTA yet, but did the GTA and the Formula and working great. Their hod struts are good too.

later
Jeremy

A few years ago I got a pair from Pep Boys that were listed (like Jan said) for cars with spoiler and rear wiper. It does open itself when I hit the button. Actually, when it's really hot, it almost scares me how fast it flies open..

The best part was that the cashier rang them up as the wrong part so I got the pair for like $20. :D

Thanks.

The ones I got last year were listed for a spoiler / heavy duty. Got them from AutoZone, but they blow.

M

Back