You can type here any text you want

have a turbotweak chip and have questions...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bluehair

never had one of his chips before, i just got this car and am wondering which direction i should go, bang for the buck...the chip is burnt for 50# injectors, ta49 turbo, and a few other odds and ends..the only thing is the guy i bought it from said he never got around to putting the 49 on the car so it has a new stock replacement turbo on it. he ran it this past year in Bowlinggreen and it went like 7:60-80ish and 12:40-60 ish with this setup. he said it ran fine but ran rich on the top end.. my question is, i would like to run high 11's with it..but if i put a 3" dowpipe and a ta49 on it, will this do it for me? or what if i sent this chip back, had it reburned for the stock turbo would this pick it up also? and or the 3" downpipe? and any info on what makes the 49 a good turbo over the stock one..??? sorta new to these cars so im just doing my homework. thanks for any help guys!

uncledon

never had one of his chips before, i just got this car and am wondering which direction i should go, bang for the buck...the chip is burnt for 50# injectors, ta49 turbo, and a few other odds and ends..the only thing is the guy i bought it from said he never got around to putting the 49 on the car so it has a new stock replacement turbo on it. he ran it this past year in Bowlinggreen and it went like 7:60-80ish and 12:40-60 ish with this setup. he said it ran fine but ran rich on the top end.. my question is, i would like to run high 11's with it..but if i put a 3" dowpipe and a ta49 on it, will this do it for me? or what if i sent this chip back, had it reburned for the stock turbo would this pick it up also? and or the 3" downpipe? and any info on what makes the 49 a good turbo over the stock one..??? sorta new to these cars so im just doing my homework. thanks for any help guys!

uncledon
i would leave it alone because the ta-49 will flow more air than the stock turbo at 20 psi and higher that is why the stocker ran rich. if it still runs rich with 49 which i doubt you can always take fuel out of the chip as per instruction with the chip. and yes with a good tune you will hit 11's. i got a 11.60 with a ta49

Chips are burned according to the injectors you run not specifically for the turbo. The turbotweak chip is a great chip for these cars, you can adjust timing and fuel in the chip. The chip doesn't control boost but it should have enough fuel in it to support the amount of boost you want to run. The Ta49 is easily capable of 11 second runs with the right combo. I had one on my car and loved.

Chips are burned according to the injectors you run not specifically for the turbo. The turbotweak chip is a great chip for these cars, you can adjust timing and fuel in the chip. The chip doesn't control boost but it should have enough fuel in it to support the amount of boost you want to run. The Ta49 is easily capable of 11 second runs with the right combo. I had one on my car and loved.

chips are burned for the current setup you have. including turbo and intercooler and converter. a chip setup for a stock turbo and intercooler will run leaner with a ta49 and stretched intecooler. as per eric turbo tweak order instructions

BlueHair - install the TA-49, leave everything as it is. The car should wake up on the top end with TA-49, oh yeah watch those O2 numbers :D:D

chips are burned for the current setup you have. including turbo and intercooler and converter. a chip setup for a stock turbo and intercooler will run leaner with a ta49 and stretched intecooler. as per eric turbo tweak order instructions

I believe the reason Eric asks for the turbo, intercooler, and converter is so that he can add fuel/timing where he thinks it is needed for an initial tune. As mentioned earlier by someone else TT chips are adjustable and if you have a scan tool fuel/timing can be modified later for proper tuning if mods change. You cannot adjust chip for different injectors, whole different program. If you can't get the car to run properly by tuning the chip call Eric and ask him. Was really helpful to me. My $.02

I believe the reason Eric asks for the turbo, intercooler, and converter is so that he can add fuel/timing where he thinks it is needed for an initial tune. As mentioned earlier by someone else TT chips are adjustable and if you have a scan tool fuel/timing can be modified later for proper tuning if mods change. You cannot adjust chip for different injectors, whole different program. If you can't get the car to run properly by tuning the chip call Eric and ask him. Was really helpful to me. My $.02

no crap that is my point!!!!!

no crap that is my point!!!!!

I'm glad you agree with me lpaulabbott. Now if we go back to bluehairs origional question though it looks to me that the question was to add the TA49 and 3" downpipe or get the chip reburned for the stock setup. I guess the direction I was heading is that adding the new parts would definately be a good step for the long term but if you wanted to keep your stock parts for now you don't have to send the chip back. You could first try to adjust fuel/timing with stock parts (make sure you keep track where the were so you can go back when bigger turbo gets added later) and see if the car meets your expectations without buying more parts. If the car is running pig rich I'm sure it would run better with a proper tune with a scanner.

I'm glad you agree with me lpaulabbott. Now if we go back to bluehairs origional question though it looks to me that the question was to add the TA49 and 3" downpipe or get the chip reburned for the stock setup. I guess the direction I was heading is that adding the new parts would definately be a good step for the long term but if you wanted to keep your stock parts for now you don't have to send the chip back. You could first try to adjust fuel/timing with stock parts (make sure you keep track where the were so you can go back when bigger turbo gets added later) and see if the car meets your expectations without buying more parts. If the car is running pig rich I'm sure it would run better with a proper tune with a scanner.

exactly, lets get back on topic lol :) here is couple of issues to simplify things...

1. is my car safe as it is with this chip in it burnt for a 49 turbo, when all i have is a stock one? it seems to run really good at this tune but i have no laptop or scanner right now as i just bought the car..previous owner said it ran rich on top end at the track but still ran good...i can only get the boost down to around 18 lbs. is this ok on 93 octane? just curious if i need to send it back and have it burnt for stock turbo if that would help it run any better than it does now even though its rich???

2. can i get into the 11's with a stock turbo? and stock downpipe? or would i be better to go ahead and get the ta49 and 3" downpipe?

1. Yes it is safe with that chip since it will be a tad rich. 18psi is really pushing it on 93 octane with no scantool though. Yes, there are cars that can run 18-20psi on 93 octane without knock, but a setup like yours typically can't. In your case, I would back it down to around 16psi until you have a way to monitor knock. Then you can see what it's really doing and decide whether to do a reburn, or use the chip adjustments to tweak the tune.

2. Yes people have run 11's on a stock turbo. You need to be on top of your game though. A TA49/3" DP would make it easier.

Merry Christmas!

7.60's-7.80's in the 1/8 with a stock turbo and a fat tune??? Wow that right there is a high 11 sec pass. I'd think the tune would have to be right for the stocker to put you around the 90 mph mark, cause that's where it be.

Eric

O.K. so shouldi probably have two of your chips then? one for 93 octane and town driving, and one for 110 ocatane and racing all out?

Eric, I have one of your chips on a stock turbo, green tops, 3" DP headersw/exhaust. I seem to believe the car is running rich b/c of the fuel smell at idle, but then there is hesitation when I mash the pedal. I feel like something is untuned, I just got a scanmaster and will get the readouts once it is installed. What are you thinking may be the problem. I also just got some 60lber's, hotwire kit+walbro fuel pump and waiting on my 6765 turbo, should I wait to have you reburn my current chip?

Eric, I have one of your chips on a stock turbo, green tops, 3" DP headersw/exhaust. I seem to believe the car is running rich b/c of the fuel smell at idle, but then there is hesitation when I mash the pedal. I feel like something is untuned, I just got a scanmaster and will get the readouts once it is installed. What are you thinking may be the problem. I also just got some 60lber's, hotwire kit+walbro fuel pump and waiting on my 6765 turbo, should I wait to have you reburn my current chip?

You should really go to TurboTweak.com and use the forums. Eric will probably answer you here, but you might have to wait a few days. Busy man he is......:cool:

We need to make sure the chip is made for your injectors first. I'll need the injector part# and your name so I can look up the chip. You can email me if you want, eric@turbotweak.com. If it is the right chip, then we'll need to see the scantool info.

Eric

Back