You can type here any text you want

Having motor rebuilt. Please help choose cam.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

Well, first off. I have been searching all day. That is how i came up with any info I have so far.

I just bought the car like two weeks ago. the previous owner said it ran 12.70's on street tires with a bad driver. It threw a rod and thats why he sold it.

Anyway. From what i know so far here are the mods....

3 inch DP, stainless dump, 3 inch mass air pipe with K+N, adj reg.,
billet vacum block, magnacore wires, aftermarket chip of some type?, line lock, 2800 stall conv w/ rebuilt trans. The turbo could be upgraded but my guess is stock. I will know tonight as well as the injectors and fuel pump.

Now i know the car is close to stock but while the motor is at the machine shop I would like to have a mild cam put in. I'm gonna keep it flat tapped because i dont really plan to keep the car long. What looks resonable are the Comp. 210-206 and the
206-206. I'm looking for good responce and strong midrange pull.

Anythoughts? other options?

these motors don't need huge cams to go fast...the stock cam has been in the 10's...but if you insist, the 206/206 would be a good choice...nothing outrageous, and it's a tad stronger than stock

If you're not going to keep the car for very long, why take the chance of losing the lobes off a new a/m flat tappet cam?

K.

Originally posted by RED LS1
Well, first off. I have been searching all day. That is how i came up with any info I have so far.

I just bought the car like two weeks ago. the previous owner said it ran 12.70's on street tires with a bad driver. It threw a rod and thats why he sold it.

Anyway. From what i know so far here are the mods....

3 inch DP, stainless dump, 3 inch mass air pipe with K+N, adj reg.,
billet vacum block, magnacore wires, aftermarket chip of some type?, line lock, 2800 stall conv w/ rebuilt trans. The turbo could be upgraded but my guess is stock. I will know tonight as well as the injectors and fuel pump.

Now i know the car is close to stock but while the motor is at the machine shop I would like to have a mild cam put in. I'm gonna keep it flat tapped because i dont really plan to keep the car long. What looks resonable are the Comp. 210-206 and the
206-206. I'm looking for good responce and strong midrange pull.

Anythoughts? other options?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106322

I have a 214 in my T and runns smooth as a baby bottm

Hey I was looking at your block earlier. I got a price for $2700 including

Crank cut if needed
TRW Forged pistons
aftermarket rods
large journal bearings
high volume front cover
upgraded timing chain
All ARP hardware
Comp 206-206 f/t cam
LT1 springs
3 angle valvejob
Everthing balenced
whatever other little nesacary stuff that i forgot.
Also comes with warrenty.

The 206/206 cam pulls real strong.you will like it.I have gone 11.69 so far and have more to go with it.

Originally posted by RED LS1
nope. Mardinili enterprises of Lawerence Park, PA :)

Sorry. :( There are so many scarey spellers around here, I thought you could have been one of them. :o Plus, I happened to know of Martinelli.

Back