HB install pics...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Someone asked about using a Wilwood mc w/ a hydraboost.
Now that I've finished the install, here are a couple pics of mine.
1 1/8" mc. inverted hb, Wilwood 10psi residual valve, Wilwood prop valve, home made prop valve mount. And, I didn't forget the "tire roaster" option, the Hurst Line loc!:smuggrin:

NOTE: The mc size, and the residual valve choices, were made at the recommendation of the Wilwood tech dept.
The hb is sourced from Elliott Sydnam, in TX.

Attachments

• HB on Buick 001.jpg
    HB on Buick 001.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 464
  • HB on Buick 002.jpg
    HB on Buick 002.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 460
  • HB on Buick 003.jpg
    HB on Buick 003.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Is that on the 55?
What did you use to mount the hb to the firewall to get it level? Custom bracket? Something that can be sourced?
TIA

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I like the way you ran the tubing. Were there issues with bleeding the system?

Is that on the 55?
What did you use to mount the hb to the firewall to get it level? Custom bracket? Something that can be sourced?
TIA

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's the T Type install.
The bracket comes with the HB. I just tell Elliott what I want. Not sure he sells just the brkt. It takes a special socket to install it.

I like the way you ran the tubing. Were there issues with bleeding the system?

Jay, I've not bled them, yet. Rear still has to be installed.
However, this same set up on the 55 had no issues when bleeding.

Thanks for the compliment.:D

Yea i did 23, 20 of those in weapons development/test, 12 in flight test on f117 and 1 year in korea teching air base defense. AF treated me and my pamily pretty well i cant complain.

Dam chuck seeing this tempts me more to get one.. price a little steep right now for me..did you upgrade front brakes as well?

Dam chuck seeing this tempts me more to get one.. price a little steep right now for me..did you upgrade front brakes as well?

Nope... At least not yet.
My last GN ran over 142 qtr mi speeds, and I didn't feel comfortable w/ the OEM discs.
I may do some 12-13" brakes if this pos runs decently enuf to raise my "pucker factor".:shifty:

Chuck,
I have another thread on here you chimed in about problems I'm having with a remand hydrobooster I recently installed.
appreciate that.
looking at your photos above...Nice clean install.. Does Elliot sell to the public ? how about his contact info if so.
I'm going to buy a nice new one from some where..been looking at powerbrake systems and hydratech in TN.