You can type here any text you want

Head Gasket...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Pronto your too much :)

Running on 91 octane is an uphill battle. You have to know how to monitor your car's tune.. and when it tells you your having issue.

It was used and it is the old school design. Honestly Razor i wanted ur progressive kit i just couldnt afford it at the time....

Still dont know where to buy the gasket from but ill do some searching,

Thanks guys hope to get back on teh road very soon...

I took Razor's advice....

That audible knock detector saved me a headache last week!

Had turned the Alchy off and then proceed to demonstrate my LC2 to an old friend. The audible knock detector sounded for the first time since its installation, and I pulled out of it immedieately, then, turned the Alchy back on and everything was peachy up to 19 PSI (haven't turned it up yet) :)

Audible knock detectors are a great first line of defense without a scan tool! I'm a believer, and recommend it to everybody. Bought a used one from intercooled88s for $20....Best $20 spent in a long time ;)

Thanks Julio! :biggrin:

Audible knock detectors are great until you have false knock and the thing goes mad while you're sitting at a stop light. My budddy and I were wondering what the hell that noise was when I first bought my car, then I found the device hooked up next to the ECM with scotch-locks and figured that I might be better off with out it. I was wrong :(

macatoni said:
Anyone know where to buy a head gasket, what kind, and whether i could go thicker in order to lower compression and fight off detonation???

David
647[/url]

Silver Seal sells head saver copper gaskets in various thicknesses to be used with the gasket also.
They are usually for when heads have been milled past specs to keep CR and valve geometry correct. You might loose some valve lift but I dont think it would be noticable.

Back