You can type here any text you want

Head Gasket??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

samandw

Ok so here is the story...my GN has sat in the garage for the better part of the last 4 years. I drove it about 2 months ago and parked it again. was doing some work on the turbo and getting it ready to drive. I was toping off all the fluids when i noticed the coolant was about 6" low in the radiator, so i filled it up. started the car and thats when i noticed coolant was leaking out between the turbo and down pipe which is the gasket i had just replaced...i know that needs more work. but my main concern is there is coolant coming out of the header. did a compression check passenger side had112,115,119, driver side 120,120,120. all within 10% no coolant in oil or oil in coolant that i can see. all the plugs looked clean and dry. what kinda tests can i do to narrow my problem down. could it be the intake gasket? cracked exhaust valve? head gasket?

Thanks

probably nothing by product of combustion is water any well tuned cool engine will emit water out the exhaust.once it warms up it turns to steam

There's many things it could be other than a head gasket. did you have your heads ported? could be a water jacket leaking into an exhaust port if they were ported too far or if not ported could be cracked water jacket. Possibly a leaking intake gasket if you didn't use any rtv on the gasket around the water jackets. just some thoughts.

Back