You can type here any text you want

head unit and 6x9 adapters??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

I have an 86 GN and would like to install Infinity Kappa 6x9's and a pioneer premier head unit. I heard there is an adapter plate to make the 6x9's fit the 4x10 area. The stock Delco radio is quite large. What specific kits do I need to get to make this a clean install?? Thanks everyone!

check out www.crutchfield.com they have the 4x10 to 6x9 adapters and should have the DIN to GM adapter as well..I ordered my alpine from them and they sent the wire harness adapter, speaker adapters and face adapter to get it to fit..

Be careful with those Infinity's, they have very large magnets. I tried mounting a pair with the speaker adapters, and the trunk bars were in the way. I didn't mess with it much, but maybe with a little work they could fit.

I tried looking it up on Crutchfield and could not find any adapters. What specific kits have you guys used for your aftermarket head unit installs and what specific adapters for the 4x10 to 6x9 conversion?? Thanks!

Ive got a set of the Infinty 6X9's that are like new if you want em.

IMO,you should put Q Forms in the front for sound stage.You wont beleive how much bass the rear speakers will eat up.Guy who did my install forgot to pull my rear 4x10's and although it sounded good,it sounded no where near as good as it shouldve.Pulled em out and it was a world of difference.

My system consists of:

Q Forms
5 1/4" MB Quarts w/tweeter,top of the line
3 10w6's in a sealed box on the rear shelf
Punch 1600 watt amp on the subs,think its the 601s
Punch 150a2 on the mids and highs
1 farad cap
and an Alpine Ai net CD player with an ipod hooked to it:)

Nothing to elaborate,sounds OK for the money I spent.

Back