You can type here any text you want

header question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOELKY

i'm looking to get a pair of hot air headers, probably off an 85 or 84. is the cross over the same on an 81 as the 84 or 85?

i'm looking to get a pair of hot air headers, probably off an 85 or 84. is the cross over the same on an 81 as the 84 or 85?

The cross over is smaller and shorter I believe from the 81. If you change, you will need to change to the newer crossover pipe as well.

Yep,

The '81 N/A Regal shares the same lft hand side exhaust manifold and crossover pipe as the '81 Turbo SC. The crossover has a larger diameter then the later '83's on up.

thanks

thanks again, i'm trying to work out buying that pair of 84 headers for the car. I need to change valve cover gaskets etc., that would give me motivation....:D

Headers

thanks. The only thing is they must weigh 40lbs in total heavier than the 85's. If they crack, i'll just fix them, i'm just trying to stray away from a cold air engine;)

Before I converted my Lesabre Turbo Coupe to EFI I bought Postons headers for the hot air GN. Fit perfectly, I still have my original crossover pipe too. Although because mine is a 78 The exhaust ports weren't a perfect match but now that the entire top end is from an 85, no problem. The poston hotair headers should work on any 79-85 turbo.

Back