Header questions?????

10secvega

Just finally got my motor and started mocking it up.As i was told before the factory headers won't fit into my Vega.The drivers side is no problem i can just remake the steering shaft.The pass side the flange hits my inner fender right where my control arm bolts..

Does anyone know if i lengthen the flange area and then mofify the crossover will it hurt the performance of the turbo?Other than that everything else clears even the stock intercooler.

The drivers side was rhe reason I was going to try the 3.0L heads. Doesn't look like it would need to much. I was also thinking of cutting off the original header collertor "ring" and welding one on that is a flat, not pivoting, 2 bolt. That way the flange can be positioned and fit as necessary. I don't think making the collector longer will hurt anything either though. Especially on that side where it is really the inlet and not the outlet anyway. I do suggest you use the poly mounts though as even my N/A Buick tore stuff up with the stock rubber motor mounts.