You can type here any text you want

Headers & downpipe question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

I want to replace the exhaust headers and the downpipe, I've still got the stock ones on. No problems but just want it to look newer, any suggestions on which header and downpipe to go with. In the spring I'm getting a new dual hooker exhaust system, chip(jay carter with blue tops or 009's injectors, Or the turbotweak with 36 or 42Lbs not decided yet, leaving it up to Ken from National Performance in T.O, boost/ and water gauge, K&N intake, cleaning out the intercooler, fuel pump-hotwired, adjusting the turbo, fuel pressure regulator, and problably replacing the valve cover gaskets. Don't really want to take it to the extreme but something nice and safe....Art Carr, terry houston? ?Everything esle will be stock including the converter and tranny and cam...

I want to replace the exhaust headers and the downpipe, I've still got the stock ones on. No problems but just want it to look newer, any suggestions on which header and downpipe to go with. In the spring I'm getting a new dual hooker exhaust system, chip(jay carter with blue tops or 009's injectors, Or the turbotweak with 36 or 42Lbs not decided yet, leaving it up to Ken from National Performance in T.O, boost/ and water gauge, K&N intake, cleaning out the intercooler, fuel pump-hotwired, adjusting the turbo, fuel pressure regulator, and problably replacing the valve cover gaskets. Don't really want to take it to the extreme but something nice and safe....Art Carr, terry houston? ?Everything esle will be stock including the converter and tranny and cam...

leave the headers alone you are just going to waste your money as fo a downpipe get a thdp from ta performance has a bung for a wideband if you ever need to use one. and get a chip from eric at TurboTweak Home

leave the headers alone you are just going to waste your money as fo a downpipe get a thdp from ta performance has a bung for a wideband if you ever need to use one. and get a chip from eric at TurboTweak Home

YUP!! The Toronto guys know Ken well! Drop in over "there" in the TO Section for some tips! ;)

skip the 36 or 42lb injectors and get 60lbs. right off the bat, the Turbotweak chip with those injectors will produce a better idle than the factory chip and injectors!

skip the 36 or 42lb injectors and get 60lbs. right off the bat, the Turbotweak chip with those injectors will produce a better idle than the factory chip and injectors!

X2 if you ever need the extra volume for later upgrades the 60s are great...as far as downpipes i would look for a THDP but if you cant come across one our vendors here sell some nice ones...just shop around to get the best price

Back