You can type here any text you want

heater problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datant69

as the the cold weather starts up i would like to get my problem fixed. i noticed a small hose that is on the passenger side and goes in and out of the same area. hose is small and i my heater core hoses don't get hot to touch. thought maybe my thermostat was defective and looked closer and wasn't sure how to replace it with a failsafe. heard from several freinds those are the ones that'll help save your engine. So any pointers and i also didn't have any responses to my last post on checking high fan switch. i was told to use a light bulb due to false warnings if you use a 12 volt test light. just wanted to know if i cut one off a car in the junk yard with wiring would it suffice. the clamp that looks like it holds the hose on by a C type clamp. just wanted to make sure before i break it down and find it's in another place, the thermostat that is.

I'm a little confused? Your not getting any heat, and the heater core hoses are not getting hot? Sounds like a heater valve. Or your low on coolant and air is in the system. Do you have a water temp guage? The thermostat is in the intake manifold where the top rad hose connects to. If you have a vac pump, put it on the heater valve and see if it holds vacuum or not (do this first before replacing the thermostat)

heater issues

when i have the vent selector on defrost i get warm air up top but not when i put it to where it goes feet and defrost. the hoses i'm talking about is the 2 hoses going into the dash to feed the heater core. i still need to know about testing the wire harness that controls the high switch on my ac selector fan motor. but i'd still like to get heat towards the feet and the high fan switch working. hope this helps.

You probably have a vac leak if is only comming out the defrost (the system defaults to defrost when theres no vac).

vac leak

is there vaccuum lines behind the ac controller on the dash? or is it somewhere else? i know i can't ask you guys to help me fix it here at the house but if you could narrow it down to where i may find potential area's to check it would be appreciated. i had a mustang 91 to be exact and i know it had vac lines that controlled the different area's of the car and it was located behind the radio and under the AC controller.

Check the vac line in the engine compartment first. There is a gaggle (yeah I said gaggle) of vac lines the controls the blend doors. There is a junction that all the vac lines connect to behind the AC controls.

Back