Hello from a first time turbo buick owner in DFW Texas.

cooled84ttype

Greetings from North Texas.

My name is Jesse and i am a first time turbo Buick owner.

I acquired an 84 t type about two weeks ago,And have never been happier.Let me quickly brief you on my new addiction.

Its an 84 t type with an 86 complete inter-cooled conversion completely stock trim besides for an Grand National spoiler,And red Grand National aftermarket floor mats.The motor is stock besides for cold air intake,And Accel wires.

My t-type is not running good at this moment I've ran a number of tests on the car after first changing the plugs to ur5's and changing the oil,And fuel filter.

The car has a dead miss.the motor has 100- 110psi on all cylinders 30 psi of fuel pressure at idle and kicks to 40psi max.Noid lights read good pulse on all cylinders.spark is also good on all cylinders.While the car is running i started pulling wires and unplugging injectors to trace down the miss.I traced the miss to the back two passenger cylinders.When i unplug the back two injectors it doesn't even stumble or idle different.So i thought the injectors might be bad or blown head gasket.I switched the injectors with two that were spraying good.Still the same thing.Not a difference was made.On those specific cylinders with injectors i know are spraying and good compression and spark.I am leaning toward a blown head gasket.

My next question is 30psi of fuel what it should run at or is the regulator maybe going bad.

sorry to ask repair questions in the introduction forum

Greetings from North Texas.

My name is Jesse and i am a first time turbo Buick owner.

I acquired an 84 t type about two weeks ago,And have never been happier.Let me quickly brief you on my new addiction.

Its an 84 t type with an 86 complete inter-cooled conversion completely stock trim besides for an Grand National spoiler,And red Grand National aftermarket floor mats.The motor is stock besides for cold air intake,And Accel wires.

My t-type is not running good at this moment I've ran a number of tests on the car after first changing the plugs to ur5's and changing the oil,And fuel filter.

The car has a dead miss.the motor has 100- 110psi on all cylinders 30 psi of fuel pressure at idle and kicks to 40psi max.Noid lights read good pulse on all cylinders.spark is also good on all cylinders.While the car is running i started pulling wires and unplugging injectors to trace down the miss.I traced the miss to the back two passenger cylinders.When i unplug the back two injectors it doesn't even stumble or idle different.So i thought the injectors might be bad or blown head gasket.I switched the injectors with two that were spraying good.Still the same thing.Not a difference was made.On those specific cylinders with injectors i know are spraying and good compression and spark.I am leaning toward a blown head gasket.

My next question is 30psi of fuel what it should run at or is the regulator maybe going bad.

sorry to ask repair questions in the introduction forum

First off, Welcome.

FP regulators almost never go bad. Fuel PSI should be around 43ish at idle with the vacume line pulled off the FP Reg. I'd start with the easy stuff first. Check for vacume leaks. How do your plugs look? When did it start running bad? How did the oil look and smell? Any blowby out the breathers? How many miles on the engine? Do your homework here first, before you start buying parts. The search function will save you time. There's not much that the people here don't know. A very helpfull crowd too.:)

Let us know what you find.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Welcome aboard Jesse! There are quite a few of us on here that are in the DFW area. Did you ohm out your coil pack or plug wires?

If you need some help I will be home all next week.

John Martin
9.71 @ 140
1986 Buick T-type