You can type here any text you want

Hello from a new guy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Billy6point6

Hello, thanks to the admins for running this forum, and thank to all those who came before me. I've lurked here before, gaining knowledge of the 200-4R among other things.

You can probably tell from my username that I drive a Pontiac.
I have owned a '78 Grand Am since 1980, parked winters, it still looks and runs great. For you young guys, that is when it was a full frame, V8, RWD car, the way a car should be built IMHO.

I will be asking questions, and selling some parts left over from my Bro-in-laws car. He bought an '85 Regal T-Type with a rough running motor, bullet holes in the drivers side, leaking brake lines, the list goes on. The previous owner blew the engine up, three times, and then sold it to Nate.

The motor had two broken pistons, the ring lands were broken, funny it ran at all, but it WOULD start and run down the road, a testiment to the durability of the 3.8, although this one is a 4.1 the previous owner swapped in.

He's a good wrench himslef, but is also a NEWLYWED, and very busy Boilermaker's Union member supervising at our local Papermill, and doesn't have the time to get it road worthy, so he's hired me to get it there.

So far, I've rebuilt the exploded 4.1 that was in the car, and have yet to re-install it.

It's got an adjustable wastegate actuator that is stiff as hell, and I'm wondering if that is why the previous motor broke a couple pistons in the 3 and 5 holes. If I don't get any replys about that, I'll be searching first, and asking questions later.

Thanks ahead of time, Bill

Back