You can type here any text you want

Hello from Illinois

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbosixx

New guy here from NW Chicago. I do not currently own a turbo Buick but it is my goal to own one someday. I figured i'd join up here and learn all I can until it is time to purchase one.

I am no stranger to Buick. I got my license while driving my grandfather's 1979 Buick Electra Limited. I had never driven the car before until that day. They wouldn't let me use my car because i just bought it and it didn't have insurance so my grandfather let me drive his. I am 1 of only 2 people besides him that drove that car. Unfortunately, when he passed away, my uncle put the car up for sale. I could not afford it at the time and I had nowhere to store it either so he sold the car. It is being well taken car of by it's new owner and sometimes you can see it displayed on his lawn looking as good as ever.

I'll never forget when I first encountered a Grand National. It was about 15 years ago and I was purchasing a car for my family when two GNs drove into the dealership lot. I remember just being in awe when I saw those cars. I knew I had to have one someday.

Anyway, hopefully you don't mind me signing up without being a GN owner. I promise, I will have one someday :)

BTW, here is a pic of my grandfather's '79:

79BUICK1a.jpg

Welcome. Hopefully you can get one soon. Like the two tone limited for 9800 that just went up for sale. Check it out in cars for sale section. I just cleaned the drool off my keyboard.lol My old boss had a 82 two door park ave white on white. I like the older electra body style. sign up in Midwest section. there are guys all over Chicago and suburbs.Im in addison. If you do find a gn or other turbo car in the area let us know or pm me . we can look at for you. Sign up to the chicago chapter. pm mrs turbo loyd. Her name is Shari. Its $20 a year and you get a news letter and they have meetings so you can meet alot of the people from around the area. good luck and have fun

Now is the time to save and buy!!! 5 years ago the cars on here for 9 grand were going for 12-14!

Wow, good to know. As soon as I can put a new roof on my house I can start to save for my GN.

Welcome. Hopefully you can get one soon. Like the two tone limited for 9800 that just went up for sale. Check it out in cars for sale section. I just cleaned the drool off my keyboard.lol My old boss had a 82 two door park ave white on white. I like the older electra body style. sign up in Midwest section. there are guys all over Chicago and suburbs.Im in addison. If you do find a gn or other turbo car in the area let us know or pm me . we can look at for you. Sign up to the chicago chapter. pm mrs turbo loyd. Her name is Shari. Its $20 a year and you get a news letter and they have meetings so you can meet alot of the people from around the area. good luck and have fun

Thanks, i'll keep you guys in mind. I am in Roselle so we're not that far apart.

Hello and Welcome To Turbobuick.com!!!

Wow, good to know. As soon as I can put a new roof on my house I can start to save for my GN.

Thanks, i'll keep you guys in mind. I am in Roselle so we're not that far apart.

Who needs a roof? Car sits in the garage.LOL

Im at 83 and i290

I have a couple buddies that do shingles, or flat roofs for that matter. Let me know if you need a number.

i remember wen i was 13 my neighbor bought one i always wanted one i bought my first one wen i 21 i think so just save up money and enjoy whatever you buy!

Welcome aboard. McHenry, IL here. Checkout the Midwest Forum here. Decent number of us from the Midwest.

Back