You can type here any text you want

Help.. anyone in the vancouver area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

volvoman

The Green BEAST
I have been trying to get my IAC down to 20. I have not been able to do it. I was able to do it in park one time. I had 21 on the IAC and 40 v on the tps. After I did all that I have not been able to get it back.
I have no codes at all. I would like to get this smoged some day. I do have an OTC 4000e also with a 93 cartrigde.

If there is anyone in portland vancouver area that would be willing to help me out please let me know.

Thanks
Chris

GNTTYPE.org?

The page has been down for a bit. If any one has the page on their computer, e-mail it to me. Thanks for any info.

found it

under the dash is the aldl plug you ground the two plugs with a paper clip , wire , what ever you can find for 30 sec. Leave the key on and have some one unplug the iac at the tb , you still hold the wire on the aldl tell the iac is unpluged. If the car dies just start it back up, if you have a rpm gauge you need to get it to give or take 500rpm with the stop scew. Then reconnent the iac plug and set the tps again . to .42-.44 . (a cut and paste from a TB.com post by someone else)

Only need to do what Frank suggested if you need to reset your IAC. That is, you don't need to do it everytime.

At this point you should simply be able to turn in the adjustment screw to open the throttle blade more which will lower your IAC number. Reset your TPS. Turn off the engine. Clear the ECM by disconnecting the orange wire by the battery for 10 seconds. Reconnect ECM. Restart engine and let the computer learn it for a while. In fact once you get the IAC close to the numer your targeting, drive it for a day or two then check again and adjust from there. Takes patience.

I found my car likes it best with IAC near 10 in park. It goes up to around 30 in drive. Just play around with the numbers to see what you particular car likes best.

Here's multiple resetting procedures: http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/IACTPS.html

From GNTTYPE tech articles:
1. Ground ALDL diagnostic lead (short the top two rightmost pins in the ALDL connector).
2. Turn on the ignition (but don't start the car).
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Leave ignition on and disconnect the IAC connector.
5. Remove the grounding from the ALDL connector.
6. Start the car. The car will probably run rough and may stall. Just restart and try again.
7. Adjust the throttle stop screw to set the idle to 500 RPM +/- 50 RPM.
8. Turn the car off and reconnect the IAC connector.
9. Turn ignition on and adjust TPS to proper settings. (.42-.44 at idle is typical)
10. Repeat procedure until the 500 RPM +/- 50 RPM in step 7 can be maintained while TPS is at proper idle setting

I will be gone for a week or so. When I get back I will try it again. It seems I am running out of time again. The good thing is, I found out that I need some heat sheilding next to my header on the pass side. I put my hand down there and man it was smoking hot! Lots still to learn. The good thing is I will know this motor like the back of my hand . The motor is going to wish it was never born in the Gm fatory LOL

Back