You can type here any text you want

HELP: Can't get BS3 program on my laptop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Please help me out. I can't get Big Stuff 3 to run on my laptop. I bought the USB to serial adaptor and I can't get the program to connect in the car. I'm new to BS3 and not a fan of it yet eather. Any steps on how to get it connected would be great!!!
Thanks

fatride said:
Please help me out. I can't get Big Stuff 3 to run on my laptop. I bought the USB to serial adaptor and I can't get the program to connect in the car. I'm new to BS3 and not a fan of it yet eather. Any steps on how to get it connected would be great!!!
Thanks
Have you tried changing the comm ports? Mine works on comm 4 or comm 5, depending on which laptop I'm using.

Also, did you load the software for the USB adapter? I made that boo-boo, ONCE!

HTH
Ed

It won't let me load the USB sofware.. I have been trying to for hours.... :D

NOP, If i go to My Computer and to the CD there are no files there to install??? Maybe I'm just stupid???

fatride said:
NOP, If i go to My Computer and to the CD there are no files there to install??? Maybe I'm just stupid???
There should be a set-up file, or maybe a readme.txt file, or an ini file.
What files do you see? Have you tried going through the windows add new programs system in control panel?

Ok here is what I see 1. DrvUnin 2. parppl 3. PARPPL.vxd 4. parupl 5. PARUPL
I don't think I have the correct disk. The BS3 directions gave a Radio Shack part # 26-183. The box the Cable came in has the correct # on it. The CD states USB to Centronics Printer Cable with a # of 26-184??????
Thanks for the help

fatride said:
Ok here is what I see 1. DrvUnin 2. parppl 3. PARPPL.vxd 4. parupl 5. PARUPL
I don't think I have the correct disk. The BS3 directions gave a Radio Shack part # 26-183. The box the Cable came in has the correct # on it. The CD states USB to Centronics Printer Cable with a # of 26-184??????
Thanks for the help
Have you tried going to control panel/add and remove programs/add new program/add from cdrom or floppy.
Is it a radio Shack adapter?

I tried that also, It says there is no program to install. And yes it's from R S.

MY3TTYPES said:
Have you tried going to control panel/add and remove programs/add new program/add from cdrom or floppy.
Is it a radio Shack adapter?
Ok, I see yours is for a printer port. I'm thinking yours is to go from a USB port to a 25 pin printer port connector, maybe. is that the type your trying to connect to the BS3? My BS3 uses a serial port connector (9 pin) to USB using the 26-183 part. Does yours have a printer port connector (25 pin)?

fatride said:
I tried that also, It says there is no program to install. And yes it's from R S.
Try going back through the add new programs set-up. When it starts the wizard that says setup no programs found, change the file types from "setup" to "programs" or even "all" if neccesary. See if that helps.

Thanks for all the help. The one I bought is a 9 pin port to USB. My box has part # 26-183 and the CD has a part # 26-184. I give up,I think i got the wrong Install CD. I'm going to return it and get another in the morning.

fatride said:
Thanks for all the help. The one I bought is a 9 pin port to USB. My box has part # 26-183 and the CD has a part # 26-184. I give up,I think i got the wrong Install CD. I'm going to return it and get another in the morning.
I could try to email my program to you.

I tried to upload as zip file but it's like 1.43 megs. It only allows 93 kb. Email is only way I would be able to get it to you.

No prob. I'm going to return it tomorrow. I just looked it up on their website and I did get the wrong CD. The CD I got is for the 25 pin adaptor, not the 9pin (Rs232)
Thanks again for all your help!
Nick

Back