You can type here any text you want

Help!!! Keep blowing fuse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MR. BUICK '72

Hello everone in the electronics world. I'm hopeing someone here can help with this problem.

To begin, I have an '83 Regal Limited with power locks and windows. The fuse that keeps blowing out is the one that controls the clock, power locks, interior, trunk and engine bay lights.

When I got the car I noticed the lights inside didn't work and it had a really old alarm system in it. You know the one's with the big black box under the dash and you would need a round key to engage and disengage the alarm? Well it didn't work because there were some wires cut by the siren.

First I checked the bulbs then the fuse box. There I found all the fuses to be o.k. exept the one for CLOCK. It was marked for 20 so I replaced it with another one. As soon as I connected the battery, POOF:confused: the fuse blew.

I went through four like that, one after the other. Then I thought what if the alarm has something to do with this? So then, being careful, I removed the whole system. While under the dash, I had the chance to check all the wireing and everthing looked factory good. There was only one wire that was spliced and that was in the engine bay in a wire harness agianst the fire wall and I reconnected it.

Thinking evrything was o.k. I tried again, POOF :mad: I rechecked everything but nothing. So then I tried a 25 and it worked, but it only lasted a few weeks and blew two more one after the other.

So here's the question, WHAT CAN IT BE! :confused: :eek: :mad:

Any help greatly appericiated.

Thanks

TURBOV6,

I had the chance today to check that out, you were right. I disconnected the lighter, changed the fuse, connected the battery and no more POOF! Thanks alot for the help.

hey no problem,

g-bodys always have that problem if you are a smoker or use the cig lighter often

Back