You can type here any text you want

help me find vacume...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qwks6

Boost junkie
for those of you who did a vacume conversion, where is the best place to tap in for vacume? Thanks....

I bought my car with it already converted and it was T'd off just above the PCV valve. Since then I have installed the billet vacuum block that has the 6th port as the TTA's had. Kirbans? Johnsperformance? One of those sites. HTH

I couldn't get enough vacume off the pcv valve to run the booster, but hooking directly in and bypassing it there was enough... So my problem is finding another vac line and not having to drill into the plenum... is this a common problem with the conversions?

Hydroboost Conversion

Yes, The Pcv Valve Robs Vacuum From The Booster. They Must Come Off Of Separate Places In The Manifold. Electric Vacuum Pumps Are Noisy, And Usually Burn Up. Turbochargers Are The Opposite Of Vacuum, Since They Blow Air Into The Manifold. (the Whole Idea) But Vacuum Boosters Are Designed And Rated To Work At 20" Of Vacuum, Not 6". This Is Why I Recommend The Hydroboost. It Runs Off Of The Power Steering Pump Pressure. No Vacuum, And No Electricity Involved. The H/b Delivers Approx 2000psi To The Calipers. The Vacuum Booster With Low Vac. Delivers From 600psi To 900psi Depending On The Vacuum At The Time You Apply The Brakes.

I couldn't get enough vacume off the pcv valve to run the booster, but hooking directly in and bypassing it there was enough... So my problem is finding another vac line and not having to drill into the plenum... is this a common problem with the conversions?

I run both my T-Types off from above the PCV valve. Never had a problem. Perhaps your vacuum T isn't large enough. You can get a 3/8" vacuum T at NAPA for $3. That's what I use. If you have a stock cam, you should have no problem with vacuum for brakes, unless you have some restriction.

thanks so much guys, I think I'm going with the billet block, it should look better too! I figure I'll swap out all the lines too while I'm at it...

Back