You can type here any text you want

help please... needs air!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJames

hey guys.. lots of posts lately.. cars under some construction for the winter
I am curious... my stock MAF doesn't get the air that my car needs.. i have a new 6465 turbonetics BB.. with FMiC.

i have been thinking about maf translator? would this be an ideal investment to properly tune my car? ( previous posts i mentioned having tuning problems as car is super rich) If i bought the MAF translator kit.. is that all i would need? as well as the 4" intake pipe?

or would a lt1 MAF hook right up?

still new.. thanks for the patience and help

a newer maf would require the translator to work
if your stock isnt reading properly, remans are sketchy(they suck for all but stock light footed drivers) i wouldnt replace it with a reman ..go with the translator/maf
on a quick spooling setup the problem with the maf isnt rich its that its too slow and wont react fast enough totellthe ecm toaddfuel and it will go lean..not rich
but as to weather its going to fix your "rich issue "..going translator/maf may not fix that because that issue may not be maf related

what you need to understand is that with normal chips the maf is maxed out at about 15psi and as long as the maf stays above 240 it has no effecton fueling above that level as the chip uses other means to add fuel
if by rich you mean you smell fuel you may have a bad ignition,or a stuck injector, feul pressure too high or a bad O2 sensor
if your meaning of 'rich' is your AF is low (or o2 reads high) at wot then you may have a chip burned for higher boost than your running it at

Back