You can type here any text you want

Help PTE chip in security mode

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m6z

I blew the headgasket on my car a few weeks ago, just got it back togeather. car will run with out the chip in the ecm, but only for a few seconds with the chip installed.

Does anyone know how to turn off the security mode in the PTE chips? Its a 50lb 100 octane chip if that matters.

thanks,
doug schmid
dougschmid2000@yahoo.com

I didn't know PTE chips had a security feature. I hope you didn't pull/install the chip in it's socket with the ignition key on.

I didn't know PTE chips had a security feature. I hope you didn't pull/install the chip in it's socket with the ignition key on.

No, I didn't. but I guess there's a chance the chip went bad? I don't know? Since the car will run without the chip, but not with the chip. I just thought it sounded like a security feature. Well **** I don't have a spare chip to try either, so I guess I'm just going to have to order a new one and come back to kansas for the 6th weekend in a row :(

Back