You can type here any text you want

Help rebuild 8.5 posi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HotAirGN

My rear from my Grand National had been slipping and making noises so I took the differential apart and found my pinon shaft and spider gears worn and my clutch discs are pretty worn out. I want to rebuild it but the GM dealer says the parts are discontinued.

How do I get the parts to rebuild my posi or do I just have to buy an entire unit new?

Also I have already changed the pinion seal and pinion bearing but not quite sure I re-torqued correctly. Whats the proper step to secure the pinion nut?

call KDK in orlando. they will rebuild it for ya expect around eight large to get it done.or post in parts wanted .check parts forsale they come up sometimes. or go the cheap route $150.00 put a spool in it.

Seems as though trying to rebuild is next to impossible. So I will have to either find a used unit or just buy a new one. Was recommended the yukon iron grip. I'm trying to get some more info before I buy something though

Back