You can type here any text you want

Help setting chip parameters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

t-typex1

Darkside Member
I need some help!! I put it in the chip section with no responses. I figure Ill try here with more people looking in this section. Im trying to set the parameters on my extender pro chip. My problem, when I did the LC2 swap, I didnt charge the A/C and to set my fan to come on sooner, I have to turn on lights and A/C to get there. My A/C isnt charged, so it wont come on. How can I get to the fan selection/ or make the A/C show its on so it will allow me to set the parameters where the A/C function needs to be on for the chip?? I figure somebody has run into this problem. There are cars with the A/C deleted, how do you get the function to work?? Any help would be appreciated

I need some help!! I put it in the chip section with no responses. I figure Ill try here with more people looking in this section. Im trying to set the parameters on my extender pro chip. My problem, when I did the LC2 swap, I didnt charge the A/C and to set my fan to come on sooner, I have to turn on lights and A/C to get there. My A/C isnt charged, so it wont come on. How can I get to the fan selection/ or make the A/C show its on so it will allow me to set the parameters where the A/C function needs to be on for the chip?? I figure somebody has run into this problem. There are cars with the A/C deleted, how do you get the function to work?? Any help would be appreciated

Your best bet is to contact Mike at Full Throttle. He will be more than happy to answer your question. You can also post this question on his forum. Bob will respond to your questions there.

So your saying that when you move the a/c selector the parrameter does not change? The a/c should not have to be charged. It should still work.

Get a short length of stripped wire and jump accross the two socket pins inside the round A/C cycling switch connector.

Take it off of the accumulator A/C can located near the blower motor passenger side of the car. It faces the antenna.

Squeeze the connector in the proper place to spread the holders and take it off the switch, if it's still attached that is.

Just jump the two terminals and it will simulate a working A/C.

Obviously you have to slide the lever to A/C also whilst programming that part of the procedure.

So your saying that when you move the a/c selector the parrameter does not change? The a/c should not have to be charged. It should still work.

Thats exactly what Im saying.Salvagev6- Ill try to jump that first, if it doesnt work, Ill call Mike. Thanks to all for the responses.

Thats exactly what Im saying.Salvagev6- Ill try to jump that first, if it doesnt work, Ill call Mike. Thanks to all for the responses.

Making that jumper for the connector is just what you need. I had to do that when mine was having issues.
Like I posted in the chip section, just make a short 3" piece of wire with male spade connectors on each end and they will plug right into the slots in the plug.

even a paper clip will work if your carefull not to allow it to touch anything else.

Thanks to all of you for this information that just may have solved my similar problem with non working AC, on my GEN II, extender extreme setup. :D
MLH

Back