You can type here any text you want

Help! Ticking Ratteling Lifters On New Build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twstdv6

On a new rebuild, upon startup. The Rockers are ticking and rattleing at valve covers. It has a new 210/215 Revolution X cam roller kit. It came with 8.225 push rods, which are shorter in lenght than the stock pushrods and beehive springs and I am using the stock rockers torqued to 25ft lbs. I am new to this and learning, but what could this be? Improper pushrod lenght's? Would putting the longer stock pushrods in help? Or? by the way it kinda sounds like the rockers are tapping the top of the valve covers. I am gonna call tech support to, but I wanted to get some advice here first, so I can know wtf I'm talking about when I do.

Did u check your valve train geometry/how the rocker tip interfaces the valve tip through the lobe cycle of the cam? i.e- shallow/deep/center

Whats the oil PSI?
What weight oil ?

Did you set the lifter preload? Also, what's noisy to you may be a normal noise. I hear a lot of guys that go to the roller cams aren't used to the noise from the lifters being "joined" together with the arm....a lot of noise comes from this.....

Did u check your valve train geometry/how the rocker tip interfaces the valve tip through the lobe cycle of the cam? i.e- shallow/deep/center
Yes! the valve tips are centered as they should.

Whats the oil PSI? 60+ during cold start & 30 at warm idle
What weight oil ? 10w-30 Valvloine

Back