Help tuning amplifier???

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
This is sort of a hard question to answer online but what the hell. I have an Autotek mean machine 100.2 amx 800w amp, pushing 2 12" cerwin vega vegas 124dvc's. This amp has a lot of features that I am clueless about, I just tuned it by ear, but some songs pound while others don't. The quick hard hitting bass hits fine but low long bass doesn't. So this is how I have the amp tuned, maybe there is something you would change? I can give more info. if needed.

Subsonic-off
Line out x-over- flat
High variable- low as it can go 75hz
Amplifier x-over- low
Low variable- 40hz-750hz, I'd say it's around 100hz.

Any ideas?

when you say this:

"High variable- low as it can go 75hz"

Are you meaning a high pass x-over? If so then thats your problem. Use just a low-pass with it around 80-100Hz. As far as subsonic, you might want to play around with that. I think with those 12"s you would be helping them by activating the subsonic filter.

Originally posted by 87gnblackdemon
The quick hard hitting bass hits fine but low long bass doesn't.

If your cabinet is smaller than recomended size by manufacturer, then it will play tight and hit hard with not alot of low end grunt.

Yes I mean high x-over, heres the thing though, it's one of those spin knob deals, thats says 75hz to 750hz and I have it turned all the way down. I can't turn it off.

Also, is the box ported? That CV model needs a ported box. They will sound terrible in a sealed box.