HELP W/ False Knock!!!!!!!!

bigdaddytodd

I need help w/ false knock issue. When I roll into 3rd gear, I get no knock. 24# boost and 11.4-11.7 on wideband. If I hammer it, scanmaster goes straight to 19.9* KR, then drops to 8-9* KR, then drops to 2-3* KR and disappears. I have correct FP @ boost, good maf (ls1 and translator), and I just installed poly motor mounts. I guess something else is banging around. Anyone else have this problem? I am recently hearing U-Joint clunking. Could this cause problem? Thanks for help in advance.:confused:

I need help w/ false knock issue. When I roll into 3rd gear, I get no knock. 24# boost and 11.4-11.7 on wideband. If I hammer it, scanmaster goes straight to 19.9* KR, then drops to 8-9* KR, then drops to 2-3* KR and disappears. I have correct FP @ boost, good maf (ls1 and translator), and I just installed poly motor mounts. I guess something else is banging around. Anyone else have this problem? I am recently hearing U-Joint clunking. Could this cause problem? Thanks for help in advance.:confused:

A man walked into a doctors office and said, "Doc, it hurts when I do this" as he was hitting his head with a hammer.

Doc said, "Well, don't do that"!

Not that this joke has anything to do with your post.:wink:

I may be wrong ,but IMHO, most alky systems work fast enough to keep up with their dutys from a dig, as the engine climbs the rpm ramp, while accelerating the car up to speed. When your cruzing at fiftyish mph and just "hammer it", the trans kicks down, the rpms shoot up. Then the power of the engine slams against the load of the car. Then the alky shows up a bit late to the party. Kind of like having a carburetor with out a accelerator pump. I'd say that if you need to hammer it from a 3rd gear roll, run race gas. Or you could just make the car i bit faster, then roll into the gas and pass that Z06.;)

Just my 2 cents.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

You could throw in some race gas and see if the KR goes away. If it goes away, it's not false KR.

Not sure what you have the turn on point set at on your alky, but you may be able to adjust the alky a bit to help.

Mike B.

Having the same problem, i found the tail pipe hitting the gas tank on the driver side, and i see a shiney spot on the exhaust pipe where it go over the rear on the passenge side, but the part i did move cut KR back to 3.0. Good luck!