help w/ wiring up Lock up Switch??

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
so I have a B&M Megashifter, w/ a push buton switch in the handle..I would like this button to control my TC Lock-up....problem is this switch isnt your typical off/on...it only energizes when it's pushed, like for Nitrous..

What kind of a relay/setup would be the easiest way to get this to work?? I'm also going to put in an indicator light... My interior is gutted, so now is the time to do this stuff. THANKS!!

You are going to need to make a latching circuit which can be messy. Switching it on is easy getting it off can be tricky. Any little problem with it and it will not unlock.

that figures...thought it would be too simple if they made a relay that turned off and on when given power.. If you have any diagrams let me know. Thanks.

785 Relays on Schneider Electric US - Magnecraft Relays
2-wire unidirectional pulse relay

Here is a latching relay. I guess you could use something like this but instead of lighting the light you would be ground the ALDL wire to lock up the convertor. I wired mine through a switch.

gnd<-------switch-------------->wire at back of ALDL that leads to TQ lock up
then a wire of of here ^-------LED-------+12V

When my switch is on or the computer calls for lock up the LED lights up.

Using the latching relay tool you could connect up the A and B to 12V and GND then where my switch is take A to GND and B to the ALDL wire.

jpratt, you the man! looks like what I need..this helps me alot. thanks for taking the time to post that..