You can type here any text you want

Help with Chips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wc351

I have 3 chips which I do not know what they are. The first is a Kenne bell #90064. The next is a Pit Bull TA137L-528SDL. And the last I have really no idea what it is JTB (a)/P LFIVE242 AF14. Thanks in advance.

Will

#1 is the KB ultimate chip- trash it.
#2 is an ATR chip- trash it.
#3 is unknown- trash it.

2 of the 3 were burned back in the day when octane was a bit higher at the pump. Almost all of the old school chips has higher timing (non-adjustable).

Send your combo to Eric @ Turbo Tweak for a chip that is made to your specific combo- also has tuneability features not available in your current chips.

Since I have them I don't really want to trash them. The car I am going to put them on is basically stock. It has a ram air, and Flowmaster cat back. I would like to know the specs on them if anyone knows. Thanks.

Can't help you there- ATR is out of business, and Kenne Bell got out of the Buick business years ago.

Keeping them for nostalgia's sake is one thing- but I wouldn't run one of them. One of Eric's chips in your car will make a world of difference.

Can't help you there- ATR is out of business, and Kenne Bell got out of the Buick business years ago.

Keeping them for nostalgia's sake is one thing- but I wouldn't run one of them. One of Eric's chips in your car will make a world of difference.

I AGREE GET A CHIP FROM ERIC MADE MY CAR A DIFFERENT BEAST FORGET THE OLD OUTDATED STUFF OUT THEIR. CALL ERIC HE WILL HOOK YOU RIGHT UP

Send the blanks to Eric, me thinks there is a discount or credit involved.

Those TurboTweak chips are like a flipped switch over the old ones. Like the boys said, like night and day. Well worth it and very affordable.

SouthernCal - First, I want to echo the point that when you decide you want the best chip available today for your car, get a TurboTweak.

In the meantime, use the KB 90066. There are very few mods in this chip and it won't hurt a stock setup. The TCC locks at higher mph and the boost is slightly higher, that's it. Everything else (timing, fuel, etc) is stock.

Don't use the ATR chip as their chips were designed for racing and assume a bunch of drivetrain mods.

The numbers you posted for the 3rd chip don't look familiar so I can't help you on this one.

The KB Ultimate chip will knock like rocks in a steel barrel...I've had one back in the day....if you really want the specsw I'll check it next time I have my ECM burning laptop out, I have a bin file of it still on my laptop but I think it was somewhere around 24-26 degrees of timing at WOT.

Thanks 2QUIK6. Your post prompted me to double check the KB chip numbers. I commented on the KB9066 (which I have)and based my comments on, the original post from WC351 was for the KB90064, and you commented on the "ultimate" but I don't recall which number KB used for that chip. If it was 90064, then I agree with you and it should not be used.

Sorry for any confussion caused by my earlier post.

I wouldnt have run them when they were new.. well, the Pitbull was pretty awesome in its day.

Thanks 2QUIK6. Your post prompted me to double check the KB chip numbers. I commented on the KB9066 (which I have)and based my comments on, the original post from WC351 was for the KB90064, and you commented on the "ultimate" but I don't recall which number KB used for that chip. If it was 90064, then I agree with you and it should not be used.

Sorry for any confussion caused by my earlier post.
No prob, I was just going off the first comment that said it was the Ultimate chip...but now I have my 15 year old KB price sheet out and there no KB90064 or KB90066 or 9066 in there.
They are all KB900xy where x is 6 or 7, and y is U,U-R, HF, H, P2, U..etc...
The Hot Flash chip is KB9006HF.... the ultimate chip is KB9006U....
The HF is for race only so it must have high timing than the Ultimate....

The Ultimate chip has 22.1* of timing looking at in Tunercat...not as high as I thought, but still too much for pump gas and even 15# boost.

Back