You can type here any text you want

help with direct scan and windows xp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shewy19

im wondering if there is anybody out there that can help me get my windows xp laptop compatiable with my direct scan ecm. i have the ecm unit in and the guy i bought the car off of used a laptop with windows 98. i have the adapters to go from a parrell port to a usb port. but windows xp only recgonize that its there. what i need i believe is a driver of some sort but i have no idea where to get it.

i don't know if it would work or not but i thought about installing windows 98 onto my laptop but i dont think that will work because i would need 98 to be compatiable with the usb to the direct scan and that is the problem im having now. can any help me out hopefully i explained everything ok and you can understand what im going through. maybe some has another suggestion

i understand what your going thru, i'm 99% sure DS will not read the USB com port...even with the adapter drivers installed...sry..

only way is to try...

DS will not function in a XP enviroment...you can open it and such...but it WILL NOT log...

windows 98

if the software won't work with windows xp what about putting windows 98 in as a second operating system but still using the usb connection would that work or is a waste of time.

Back