Help with Down pipe

UR50SLO

The Reaper
As our two similar Camaro saga go's on... we have noticed that the one Camaro with a TTA style Terry Houston DP that makes a very sharp bend just off the flange to turbo has a harder time spooling than the other car with a Buick Style Terry Houston DP that makes a less dramatic turn and attatches to a 3 1/2 inch down pipe from there down...

Anyone had similar results with running different down pipes with larger turbos such as the .72mm {PTE}

Under light throttle and minimal boost 5lbs or so the TTA dP car flutters boost... .

Under light throttle and minimal boost 5lbs the Buick DP car is steady and very responcive... Sure seems like DP to me.

Thanks for any input guys... ~Scott~

I'm trying to picture what you're saying. The bad dp makes a sharp (say 90 degree) turn right after the flange? Mine does just that, and it's 3" all the way through. I've been told 3 1/2 will make more power and spool faster...then I've been told my 3" can support 1100-1200 hp no problem and isn't hurting me. My car has no problems spooling...currently haveing problems making the power it should :mad:. Now I can't tell ya the dp isn't suspect, but have you messed with the tune? Seems like I've heard people say less timing will make ya spool faster? Tried that? I wonder if maybe richening it up would help?