You can type here any text you want

Help with fitment of Weld RTS wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo_D

Hey guys, been a looooooong time since I've been on the boards. I want to put either a 17 or 18 weld RTS on the GN. I would like to run a decent size tire on the front- something sticky maybe 255 or so. I would like to run a drag radial on the back, maybe 295 or so.

On Weld's website they have a link to a PDF with their fitment guide for all BOP cars including the G body Regals. The biggest wheel they have listed for the rear for either a 17 or 18 is only 8" wide. Of course you can't get much tire on that. I don't know if that is the widest they make in our bolt pattern or if that is the widest they want you to run with their offset.

So I guess to simplify my question, if you were running say a 17x9 or 17x10 on the rear what offset and backspacing would you need to run so that it won't rub the frame and won't look like you have reverse mount daytons on it ;)

If I have to run another wheel I'll do it but really dig the hell out of those black face RTS'

Thanks in advance guys.

D

Going through the pictures/specs sticky thread I saw somebody running a 18x10 CCW with a 4.75 backspacing. Looked perfectly flush. I think there was another guy running a 17x9 with a 5.5 backspacing.

I'm with ya on loving the look of those wheels. Probably what I would purchase as well if I had the money. One thing I constantly see and don't quite understand is the backspacing people say they are running. Wasn't the original BS like 3-7/8"? I could see people being able to fit 4", maybe up to 4.5", but wouldn't going much more than that put the actual rim of the wheel into the frame rail, not to mention the tire? They've either got to be notched or using spacers, right?

I have 17 x 8 streetlites with 255 x 45 x 17 nittos & 4.5" backspacing along with 17 x 9.5" in rear with 295x 45 x 17 mt drag radials also with 4.5" backspacing-fit perfect-no rubbing!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I need to find one of these guys running 18x10's with a 5" offset and see if they had to notch frame or run spacers. Those RTS' in the 18x10's have a 5.7 backspacing and the 18x9.5's have a 5.2 backspacing. That defintiely seems to be the "danger zone" ;)

Back