You can type here any text you want

Help with links that install with front sway bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0659.jpg
I just bought these two bars for the front sway bar and my question is how tight should they be installed ? I noticed the end nut was like a locking nut , Its kinda ob longed , as you can see in the pic . Any input would be appreciated Keith

Hey Keith,
It seems most bushings are slightly smaller than the cup washers, generally tighten the bushings so they are the same diameter as the cup washer or have a slight bulge.

From Energy Suspensions website.
IMG_4425.jpg

Best of luck,
George

I got them on , it only took bout an hour . Just went out for a test ride . bout to look under it and see if its any room for adjustments

That's why you wear terry cloth long sleeve shirts, clean as you work. It works for me. Lol

Is it just me , or do the bushings appear not compressed enough and need to be tightened? I don't see a slight bulge of the bushing below the cup washer and in one picture actually see a void between the bushing and the end of the sway bar.

Is it just me , or do the bushings appear not compressed enough and need to be tightened? I don't see a slight bulge of the bushing below the cup washer and in one picture actually see a void between the bushing and the end of the sway bar.
Those pics are after I installed them , Your correct , I gotta do some adjusting to them . The ones that came out was screwed in over an inch and the new and old ones was the same length .

I always thought they were to be installed so that the swaybar tips out there were parallel to the road (flat surface parked car).

That usually compresses them so they fill out the metal washers as the directions say above.

The ones that came off was screwed in over an inch so I have some adjusting to do , I drove the car some to let them " SET " in place a little better ( the bushings ) and then I will tighten them down some more .

Back