You can type here any text you want

help with part#

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BallisticV6

I tried 3 different pontiac dealers and stumped all parts service guys.
Does anyone know the part# of the small bracket and bushing that clamps on to the other larger half of the forward traction bar support/mount..located next to the transmission?
Or the part # of the whole assembly that clamps onto the forward part of the traction bar that extends all the way to the rear axle?
I finally broke this part on too many 1.60 60ft times...

You should be able to go to the dealer's parts dept in person and get what you want (I don't have a clue about the part number you described).

They have these expanded pictures of the different systems on CD-ROM. One of them will show the part you need. After you identify the part on his computer screen, he can put a number on it, probably ;)

I don't mean to sound condescending with this post, it really works at my pontiac/buick dealer. They work hard to please.

Maybe thats called a torque arm support bracket and mount?

i thought that part was offered 2 ways
LIPS IN
AND
LIPS OUT

i think the TTA is opposite the regular 89 GTA and is like the early 82 f-body??

have you found one yet?

that hasnt been available for years.. we did try to adapt a reg one an couldnt... completely different

The bracket (originally riveted) was discontinued in 1996. The bushing is available from Energy Suspension Co. in urethane only.Thier part number is 3.1111G, and comes with the proper "poly lube". You will have to re-use your stamped metal bracket. Hope this helps. Turbota.
P.S. I got mine from Summit, or Jeg's, can't remember which one but they both carry them.

Back