You can type here any text you want

Help with small glitch before Reynolds meet!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

Well it figures the car has been running great until I decide to go to the track.....then I get some issues....Lol

Here is the problem, I have noticed when driving on real hot day after the car is hot I have a small stumble when cursing 50-60 mph if you hold the throttle in a certain spot the car runs rough just like when you blow a boost line from the intercooler to the TB. As soon as you go past it clears up and no issues (again only when hot)

My initial thought was TPS so I double checked my settings .45volts at idle and 4.5 at wot....however I do get an offline reading when making a full sweep fairly fast but it only seems to occur at the 4.0 volt range

The other day I tried a soft launch cause I am getting ready for the Reynolds meet next month....I stalled the car a little and as soon as I lifted the brake I got a pop and a scan master reading of 101 mv and 31.2 degrees of knock.....it was only for a second I did not actually see the reading cause I was trying to keep the car straight.....but when I stopped I read the scan master......

So now I am trying to figure out if I need a new TPS?

when making a slow very slow sweep it shows to be good....but make a faster sweep I get an offline reading?????

Any ideas please toss them my way...

sounds like youre already on the right track....be the passenger in a ride around and set sm to tps and watch for numbers to drop or make drastic changes......
if they do replace tps.....ive found sometimes it helps to check tps while driving to duplice its glitch.

I would also check the TPS connector. It could be a poor connection. I would go ahead an try a new sensor too. Under $40 last time I checked.

When my car did that i found that the FP was to low! I set it on 43psi with the car cold, but when it got hot FP would drop, and needed to be bumped up a little more when car get's really hot.

Thanks for the reply's guys I have been around the block a few times with these cars but you never know when you might overlook a simple problem I never get know too much or be reminded. I am pretty sure it is a TPS going out.....my fuel pressure is perfect and as I mentioned 98% of the time the car runs really good, the only time I ever have any knock is during a shift or bumps from tire spin which is all false knock so I know my tune is good....

I checked with Advance today and they carry BWD and Delphi brand TPS switches.....I have an AC on the car now and would like to go back with one

Any good or bad experiences with either of those brands?

delco/delphi would be my first choice....ive tried the others in a pinch,they worked ok..

Back