You can type here any text you want

Help with VIN on 86 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Silkwood

Hey everyone, I recently purchased an 86 GN from a tow/impound yard that had been lein saled. The paperwork showed the car as an 84 and I just figured it was a typo. Well, I went to DMV and the dash VIN came up as an off-record 84 Regal. The door VIN was eligible but did not appear tampered with and there were no keys with the car. Anyway I took the car home and removed the speaker cover to reveal the dash VIN and low-n-behold the rivets have been drilled and the 84 VIN is just laying in there not even riveted down. So I made my way into the trunk and got the VIN off the option sticker and it matches what few numbers I can make out on the door VIN. And ofcourse doesn't match the dash! I tried to run a VIN check on the computer and the trunk VIN comes up last registered in Arizona in 2008,but otherwise was pretty vague and didn't appear to be repoprted stolen. I contacted the tow yard and he wants me to bring it back so he can re-lein the other VIN but I am looking for a second opinion. So the VIN in the trunk is #1g4gk4773gp459099 if you guys can do your magic and let me know. My next question is if it is stolen am I entitled to my money back from the tow yard? Thanks for your help

I used this to check,not sure how good the info is,but it's a start
https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck/vincheck

Results for VIN: 1g4gk4773gp459099​
icon_print.gif
Print this Page

VINCheckSM Theft Record

1g4gk4773gp459099 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records.
VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.
VINCheckSM Total Loss Record

Further information is available through Carfax .

1g4gk4773gp459099 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Total Loss Records.
VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.

Back