You can type here any text you want

help ????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brian Verson

I have been to the track on a couple of different weekends this year and I've been trying to work the bugs out of my 86 GN. I thought I had everything figured out but I can't get the car below 12.4 sec 112mph 1/4 mile.

This is my combo can anyone help.

FMIC , 009's , Champion Stock Lower Intake Ported , Hemco Upper 70mm W/Accufab 70mm TB , T64E , Dual SMC Progressive , Ported Stock Heads , 208 / 208 Cam , Heated O2 , Caspers Throttle Enhancer , Poston Ceramic Coated Headers , THDP 3" , LS1 MAF 3" , Hot Wired Fuel Pump (Walboro 340) , 3k / 3200 Cottons Stall Converter , Caspers 7 pos Thumbwheel chip.

I think thats everything . :confused: :mad:

It seems to like a lot of boost 25 / 26psi and 20 degs of timing.

If you are not getting any Knock Retard, then you should start uping the timing in small increments. With the turbo you have and the FMIC you should be able to handle 25+ degrees of timing with 116 fuel. Just uping the timing can make significant improvements. I've jumped .45-.5 sec in the 1/4 just by changing the timing from 20 to 26 degrees on back to back runs and a better 60' with no tire spin on either pass so it was not a traction problem.

Just noticed you had 009's after posting the above, you may be getting close to being out of injector if your getting any KR. Watch your inj DC during your runs. Whats your O2s look like?

Back