You can type here any text you want

Help!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boogeymane

I have a 1987 Buick Grand National. The problem is when i initially start it up its fine and drives great but when I drive it for a little (30 min at least) the check engine light comes and when I hook up the code grabber it comes up with a code for a the Cam Sensor. The cam sensor was previously changed. My car will begin to ride rough and "putter" as if I was tapping the on the gas. A few times it has cut off on me. I dont think its the fuel pump but Im not an expert. Could it be the ECM? Please help

It may be the ECM. But it could also be the cam sensor or the ignition module. The ignition module provides power to the sensor and buffers the sensor signal. Which it uses along with passing it on to the ECM.

Don't leave out the connectors either. They are the least reliable part of the EFI system. Check that the cam sensor, ignition module, and ECM connectors are clean and tight.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back