You can type here any text you want

Here we go again!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Racing a supra with a 76 from a roll, smart.:rolleyes:

TTA probably had pump gas in the tank and the boost set for kill, a wopping 16#'s too.

Hey I am the friend he is talking about in that forum.. I was with the TTA and one thing they forgot to tell you is that we already knew we would get beat from a role the car just wasnt setup for that, but on the other hand thats what the supras are for.. The TTA that I was in also had on a pair of slicks.. and just figure from going 40 to 120 or what ever it was, I forget thats kinda unfair.. also The TTA and even the GN's arent really made to go from a role.. The second time we went, we went from 20 then we brake boosted and pulled on my buddy with his supra to around 100 but he was definately catching us.. what do you expect with a huge ass turbo against a te44. or an 11 sec car against a 12 sec car somewhat of a difference... well just say its alot bigger. But this was just for fun cause the supra owner for somereason always wanted to race.. I never realized how scary feeling it feels with slicks on and going that fast..

Originally posted by ProjectWE4
The TTA that I was in also had on a pair of slicks.

Even all the more reason to go from a roll:confused:

I assume the Supra conceded the race from a dig ??

slicks dont help when you are going from a roll and i dont know what dig stands for sorry ..

Dig= Starting a race from a dead stop.

IMO He would have to have one hell of a launch to try to catch you in a 1/4 race. Why is it that they always want to go to 150mph? I wouldn't go to those speeds even if i had a top end car. Why can't it be from 0-100? 20-100(theres a good roll race)

I wish someone would build a stageII TTA with a six speed, I'd like to see that top end.

slicks dont help when you are going from a roll and i dont know what dig stands for sorry ..

I fully understand that, I was being facetious in the
earlier post. ;)

Just puzzle's me that your friend would brake out the slicks
and not utilize them with the cars known advantage (low
end torque) to make the Toyota eat crow, at least to 100-110 anyway.

Most people would not risk racing on the street just to see
how much they would loose by.

Nothing against you, of course, being along for the ride is fun, win or lose.
:D

He had the slicks on at that time from racing at the track before and he never took them off.. and when we were downtown they wanted to race so we didnt have time to go an change them back to normal tires..

this is my car they are talking about.......my tta is stock i had a te44 and etstreets on it and knew as the other guy did that the supra would beat me ...........my car runs 11.50's now why would a supra want to race me from a stop..........the car is running 17 lbs of boost on pump gas and to 160 the supra pulled 10-12 car lengths on me ........it was fun

Man, that is like a swift kick in the nuts reading that forum.

That's why you hardly ever see Supra's at the strip, they can't race you from a roll there! They would get their asses handed to them at an eighth mile track.:D

hey igotta give it to the guy his car makes power.........930+ hp that is awesome

but his last round of mods cost more than my tta :eek:

Why don't you settle this?

Okay you guys, Why don't you settle his like men and set a date for the TTA and the supra to go to 1/4 mile track and race like REAL men. The winner gets bragging rights and the loser goes home and orders more go fast goodies. Then read my signature!:eek:

That sounds reasonable. Take a video camera too. don't forget to post the win over on the Supra site!:)

Well thats another problem, I know the guy with the supra and opening day, hes trying for tens, he will only have two shots at it, then get booted until the cage goes in.

Well thats another problem, I know the guy with the supra and opening day, hes trying for tens, he will only have two shots at it, then get booted until the cage goes in.

In that case, he may be someone to stay away from!:D

I dunno, if I went to the track and hit a 10.8 then got sent home, i'd be happy :D

Problem I find with most imports of this type, they will never show up at a track to race you. Like waiting for the tooth fairy to come. And this I will say from personal experience.

Whens the last time anyone has seen a ten second Honda street car in person.. not in a mag, or TV :rolleyes:

Ya need cubic dollars to fight cubic inches. A built stage II motor in a TTA will spank a high HP Supra.

I would also venture to say, there are more 11 second TTA's and GNs, than Supras...period. It takes mucho $$$ to get those cars fast...AT THE TRACK. The modded Supra will spank most cars in a top speed race. For some reason, they are hard cars to hook at the track, or just don't have much down low grunt.

They still get my respect tho'. Crazy HP out of that straight 6.:)

Well this supra goes to almost all the different openings they have at the track, but yah they do cost a little more to get running the same times from a dead stop, but from a roll thats a totaly different story

Back