You can type here any text you want

here's where i am any ideas?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

killer69

here is where i am
Stock motor
down tube and exhaust
K&N
42lb injectors
TT 5.6 chip # 5741
Turbo Smart Boost Controler set to 15psi
Accufab Reg 43 psi line off and at 15 psi FP is 60psi
hot wire and Walboro 255 pump Brand new fuel filter
new plugs and wires
actually all the mods are NEW

the car would Knock BAD!
so here are the SM settings that i have arrived at so far,

BLM 1 = 154 2= 142 3= 102 4= 111
with these settings and all other parameters with in range at WOT (Rolling into the gas from 2nd up to 3rd) i am still seeing 2-4 deg of retard.O2 is arround 840
i am going to reset BLM 4 to = 105 for the timing

but should all the adjustments need to be maxed out just to get it to stop knocking ?
it has been a while since i put fuel in it like 3 weeks and i don't remember if i put 94 or 92 in it. my bad. i do have some 116 that i could try but i guess that will only confirm if it is a mechanical problem ie carbon build up.

also with the boost controler it will spike to 15-17 and then fall off to 10 and then climb back to 15, is that normal? i was hopping that this boost controler would eliminate that?? the waste gate does have some tension on it but it is also stock (may have been adjusted longer in the past??)

everything mechanical seems good
any feed back?

a little more info

ok so i had a look at the MAF AF # and at 15-17 psi it reads 237 to 246 i see that is a little low compared to the notes in the Scanmaster paperwork. they are looking for 255

also another note rechecked the Knock and saw it was at 10.8 at 15 psi???
anything else i should check?
the car does seem to run well

First of all what is your ScanMaster readings at idle in park with engine warm?Whats your O2's at WOT in 3rd gear?
I beleive the AF should be at 255 at WOT and at idle I think its supposed to be around 4-6. BLM's should be 128(+ or- 10) at idle in park with motor warm and at cruise.But I am no expert,others will soon chime in that have more knowlege than me, just make sure you post up all ScanMaster readings.

AF in park at idle is 6 and as abover wot i have seen 237 asd 246. so off a bit from 255

We are going to need all of your ScanMaster reading at idle in park,engine warm to see what's going on.Post up that info and we can go from there.

Forget the last post,I see you have already listed them.:biggrin:

Back