You can type here any text you want

Hi everyone, new guy here!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nighttrain

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Peter Loewen and I own a '87 GN and have been living in the Seattle area (Puyallup now) for the past 3 years. I'm originally from Canada as is my GN which I bought from the first owner 9 years ago this November. At the time I bought it I wasn't even looking for this type of car, and really didn't know much about these cars at all but liked it (the guy actually traded it in to a Ford dealership for a family car--poor bastard) when I drove it and I got it for 10K, which I found out later was a pretty good deal. I really had very little money or mechanical know how to get into doing anything to my car for several years and basically just maintained it and took good care of it. It has served me as a daily driver for the whole time I owned it, and it is just shy of 200,000 miles!! But for all of that, I think its in pretty good shape overall, of course a lot of those miles are highway miles from several long road trips, so those miles aren't as rough on it. Eventhough it is all stock right now, these cars really are the king of the road on the highway, nothing pulls out and passes a line of cars already going 65-70 like these babies. Anyway, just this past year I have finally started to actually learn more about the car and do some minor work on it myself. As of right now, really all it has modified is a Superchip, but I have compiled a big wish list to start on. I met Dan Huffman last year at the Buick show in Puyallup (I was just a spectator) and he has given me some advice and is going to have a look at my car soon to give me some ideas on what I need and where my car is at right now. I've been reading on this site in the General Forums for a while now, but Dan encouraged me to join in the Pac Northwest forum with you guys......so hi guys, I think the site is great and I'm looking forward to chatting and meeting some of you soon. Thanks.

Great to see ya here, Peter. You're in for some fun and lots of quality help from the NW crowd.

Frank & Bill,
Are you guys available next Saturday afternoon to check out Peter's GN with me at my place ? The more opinions the better.

Peter, welcome to TB.com!

I'm sure that Dan has taken care of you and pointed you in the right direction for information about these cars so I won't rehash that.

I encourage that you get a ScanMaster if you don't already have one to help in assisting with the tuning of your GN. Takes the guess work out of troubleshooting.

Dan set it up and I'll be there.

Again, Peter welcome :)

Frank

Frank & Bill,

Please join Peter and me at my place on Saturday, Oct 11th @ 2pm. Bring those quick, black cars.

Welcome to the board. These are some of the greatest guys to hang out with and I'm sure we'll all give you any help you need.

ADUM

Dan, I'd love to be there but I we are going to Wenatchee this weekend for a soccer tournament. I'm sure you and Frank will take good care of Peter. Just apologize to him for not having a fast GN there....;)

j/k Frank!!! :D :D :D

Good point Bill. We'll just have Peter sit in Frank's GN, close his eyes and dream what it would be like to go 10's like yours :D

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
Good point Bill. We'll just have Peter sit in Frank's GN, close his eyes and dream what it would be like to go 10's like yours :D

Hmmmmm! I have a dream!!! And it's over in 10seconds!?

Frank

Welcome Peter,

Don't forget to ask Dan about Turbo Thunder...you've got plenty of time to get ready for it :-)

Back