Hide Scanmaster in glove compartment?...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
A friend of mine just gave me an idea...Just wanted to get your opinions on this: Would it be a good idea to mount the Scanmaster inside the glove compartment with some kind of stud and washer arrangement to slide the Scanmaster in the slots made to hold small change? You just open the glove box at the track to have full access to the Scanmaster, and close it once racing is over, and nobody knows it's there...;) During racing, things go so fast that you don't really have time to look at it when driving down the track, but you can hit the "recall" button once you're on the return road to get your data... I haven't done it yet, but do you guys think it would be a good idea? Let me know what you think...'Bye, Claude. :)

Originally posted by toofastforyou
During racing, things go so fast that you don't really have time to look at it when driving down the track, but you can hit the "recall" button once you're on the return road to get your data...

With all the gadgets most TR's have I think it makes sense to tuck some of it away. T+/E, BstC, SM2, Tach, Gauges, it's getting pretty busy in the cockpit.

But when you are racing, I disagree.

I have mine mounted right next to the boost gauge on top of the dash. Right after the 2-3 shift it's all eyes on boost and KR. Hitting 3 gear before the 1/8th (92 MPH) means I watch it closely for half the pass.

Hitting the recall button on the return road to learn that you were showing 15 degrees of retard in the middle of 3rd gear is a little late.

Lance, you're right about things getting pretty busy in the cockpit. I was thinking about relocating the Boost Commander to inside the console. Plus my 6 year old loves playing with the knob on it when he sits in the car in the garage. Don't need the boost turned up to the max unless I know about it!

I want mine out in the open, it's sitting on the dash right in front of me. This way I can keep an eye on things going down the track. To me it's way too much of a distraction to look over at the glove box to read it.

John Larkin, any photos of that scanmaster hide? Sounds pretty stealthy.

I like mine on top the dash with the shield on it. And I like flipping through it while driving. Plus seeing kr asap is very important. If you want to hide it see what Johns hide looks like.

Re: Re: Hide Scanmaster in glove compartment?...

Originally posted by Mile Hi GN

With all the gadgets most TR's have I think it makes sense to tuck some of it away. T+/E, BstC, SM2, Tach, Gauges, it's getting pretty busy in the cockpit.

But when you are racing, I disagree.

I have mine mounted right next to the boost gauge on top of the dash. Right after the 2-3 shift it's all eyes on boost and KR. Hitting 3 gear before the 1/8th (92 MPH) means I watch it closely for half the pass.

Hitting the recall button on the return road to learn that you were showing 15 degrees of retard in the middle of 3rd gear is a little late.

I agree. That's where I have my scanmaster as well, right where I can see it at all times.