You can type here any text you want

High end front suspension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blestx4

This guy is supposed to be a g-body suspension guru. His site is pretty cool, offering tall ball joints to accolpish same thing as B-body spindle. Also has spindle assembly made for our car that will accept a c5 brake setup. He has adjustable upper control arms for front suspension on G-bodies. Not budget but looks to be the ticket if you want to do some serious high speed corner burning.

Savitske Classic & Custom

Be forewarned, awesome parts seen on high dollar cars.

Pics

SC&C’s exclusive G-5 package is a quantum leap forward in performance suspension and braking for the G-body/Metric chassis (’78-’88 Monte SS, Grand National, 442, Malibu, etc.). Custom CNC Machined C-5/C-6 Corvette steering knuckles and world class 13”/dual piston C-5 brakes combined with Pole Position Racing fully adjustable tubular upper control arms and 7075 T-6 CNC billet steering arms work in concert to totally revise the suspension and steering geometry as well as provide truly outstanding braking capability. Enjoy 2.5” reduction in ride height, revised camber curves, raised roll center quicker steering, a reduction in unsprung weight and razor sharp responsiveness with G-5.

Just quoted from his site. Like I said not cheap, but its the first setup I have seen fully directed at really setting up a g-body for the track left and right. Just thought some of you may be hunting something similar.

Attachments

• stering.jpg
    stering.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 551
Thanks for the link I had never heard of them before!

Marcus at SC&C is ~THE GURU~ for G-body pro-touring suspension stuff. That place makes a TON of innovative stuff including their ATS aluminum spindle and they even have a G-body test car so the stuff is proven. If im not mistaken they're working on a new pro-touring style rear swaybar for the g body stuff too. I am in the process of rebuilding my 87 GN to pro touring specs and I'll be dropping some heavy coin with SC&C this spring to make it happen. I'm buying the ATS spindle with the corvette hub so I can mount the new 14" 6-piston Z06 brakes up front and I still havent figured out what I'm doin in the rear yet. I highly recommend SC&C to anyone, I've never heard a bad word come out of anyone's mouth about them! They're a very popular vendor over on pro-touring.com as well.

just my .02

Marcus is a great guy.

Can't wait to try out his recommendations at the Big Bend open road race in April.

I'll vouch for Marcus and SC&C too. I'm currently running their Street Comp Stage 2 setup with the Ultra Lite arms. Eventually I will get the spindles and complete the G5 setup. I am very pleased with the setup. Oh...Marcus even installed all my stuff for me too, since I live in the area. Top Quality

Great feedback

I plan on getting hooked up with some of these parts great to hear from people driving with it. Just thought it was a good idea to post this since it seems you really have to search to find parts for the corners for our rides.

Does the lug pattern stay the same with the G-5 kit? Or does it convert it for Corvette rims?

Secondly if I install, for example Eibach springs? Will I have clearance issues with my current 18" rims?

Also what can be said about the Varishocks? Why are they so expensive? Would I be better off buying Koni/Bilstein?

Thanks for any help.

Marcus (Mark) Savitske at Savitske Classic & Custom (SC&C) produces an exceptional package for G bodies. I am currently running the Street Comp II package with the tall Howe balls & the pole position uppers. My car lowered about 1" maybe in the front with this package. Improvement in both handling, appearance, & weight savings additionally. Marcus advised me that you need at least 17" rims to run the ATS spindles & corvette hubs, and if there were any GNX replica rims in 17", I would be all over that package in a heartbeat. Spohn is bringing out a rear sway bar very similiar to the HR&Parts&Stuff rear sway bar set-up excepting that it is designed more for handling characteristics than straight line performance. I believe that Marcus did the design work on this set-up. Should be out shortly. HTH. Marcus has a lot of good info over on the protouring.com site.

Upgraded front suspension

Ditto, ditto & ditto on Marc S. He is very helpful. I go thru him to buy his stuff and others thru him just to get his Tech help. Yeh, not cheap, but then we all know about doing it cheap and doing it 2 or 3 times.

I went the B spindle route w 1LE brakes years ago, but the bumpsteer was finally getting to me and it might also be dangerous. Then I tried the tall lower BJ's and that helped the bump some, but then the tires started hitting the outside wheel lip on bumps and is tearing up the tires. One thing some guys don't know is that the B spindles also give U ~ a 3/4" wider front track, and that's why the tires are hitting the outer wheel well lip.

Another thing that guys don't know is that stock Lower A's "ream out" where the ball joint punches in. So stock OD BJ's usually won't fit tight on used A's. So, I had to have the Howe tall BJ's welded in. The Moog "problem solvers" take care of that automatically, but they don't tell U that.

So, I will eventually go his ATS spindle route, which is tall like the B, but isn't as wide and has a steering arm design that supposedly gets rid of Bump Steer. But then U have to go w the 13" rotors and 17" wheels, and the car goes down ~ 1". U can also go w their C5 Corvette package for ~ the same price, but it lowers the car 2½" and I don't want to go that low.

So, the whole package gets very expensive, so I'll continue to go in phases.
First I'll get the tubular lower A's w stock length BJ's, since my stockers are trash, and then I'll get his Stg 1 kit w the adjustable uppers and tall Upper BJ's. We'll see if that has Bumpsteer and hits the tires. I'm also thinking about Coilovers.

I also got Marc's wheel alignment kit, so I'm doing that myself now. Alotta tricks to learn there.

God this sh*t never ends ! This stuff isn't for quitters !

Back