You can type here any text you want

high idle when cold start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN-joe87

My uncle has a 87 Gn 3.8 turbo, and latley when we start it up for the first time of the day or when its cold, it has an extremley high idle. this will continue until you drive the car and warm it up, the high idle will kick down if you put it in drive. i was wondeirng what the problem may be, is it the idle air control or im not sure. any help will be great.

Joe

My uncle has a 87 Gn 3.8 turbo, and latley when we start it up for the first time of the day or when its cold, it has an extremley high idle. this will continue until you drive the car and warm it up, the high idle will kick down if you put it in drive. i was wondeirng what the problem may be, is it the idle air control or im not sure. any help will be great.

Joe

How high? 2,000 rpm is not uncommon for a cold start idle. It should come down on it's own over the course of a minute or two.

it sits at about 26- 27 for quite a while, i cleaned the aic and re adjusted the tps but its still happening, now we think it might be a vacuum leak because the sruise control does not work either. any common areas for leaks or clogs?

Back