High school football star risks life to save 22 other students on a school bus

why do they have to keep pointing out that he is a star football player?
that seems somewhat irrelevant to the story- what if he had been a drama club nerd and did the same thing?

It sounds like the state is a little bit proud of their rated NO. 19 defensive end in the nation.

He is a high school football star so the title does fit the headline and nothing wrong with a little publicity for a good kid that did something extraordinary for the younger kids to look up to.

John :)

that seems somewhat irrelevant to the story- what if he had been a drama club nerd and did the same thing?

Possibly because he is a star and has a bright prosperous future. Drama club nerd has nothing to lose. ;)

Don't think..

"Drama club nerd has nothing to lose."
so. The nerd could have a "career" in Hollywood planned. Once he's "secure/famous" in that profession, he could move on to politics, and end up as a senator from Minn.:eek:

Possibly because he is a star and has a bright prosperous future. Drama club nerd has nothing to lose. ;)

Whereas the star football player will end up marrying the prom queen, manage a Jiffy Lube for life, and get drunk reminiscing about high school. ;)

How many years were you in the drama club? ;)

I wonder why the chick had a gun? these something missing on this story.

thats what I want to know about

A.j.

One thing is for sure she got herself into a big mess doing that what ever the reason was.

The female assailant was arrested on 22 counts of attempted aggravated assault, 22 counts of kidnapping and one count of possession of a firearm on school property. She was taken to the county juvenile detention facility.

John :)

How many years were you in the drama club? ;)
none, but i don't really care if the hero kid is a football star or some social outcast that just wanted to do what was right . it is kind of irrelevant to the story.
it is also a little dramatic to say that he saved 22 lives- there were 22 people on the bus, but not all of their lives were in immediate danger.
but "high school student stops crazy bitch with gun" doesn't make a very attention grabbing headline.

They look up to football players as role models and for once, this guy is actually someone to look up to. I am proud of this young man's courage!!!

Anyone wanna start a pool to see how long it is before Obama invites him the the White House?